What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and facebook

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Facebook, but I'm a little leery of it now...my 4 yr old was messing around while we were sitting on the computer together and she clicked on a Facebook ad. Long story short, a horrible virus was downloaded to my computer that claimed to be a virus software and it took forever to get rid of it. I had to start pc in safe mode because it wouldn't even let me access the Internet. It was awful. I had to use my iPhone (didn't have iPad at the time!) to google ways to fix the issue. I also monitor my privacy settings daily and I installed ZoneAlarm.

As for apps, I like Friendly - but I rarely play games on Facebook and I never chat. So it's perfect for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

unixinfoservice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app is completely terrible. It crashes about every time I use it and I accept had to annul and reinstall it at atomic already a day back it will benumb up constantly. The chat never loads and I barely ever receive notifications- and if I do, they come very late.

Nisei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I missing something? I'm trying to send someone a private message but all I can do is add them in the upper "To:" box. How do I get to actually type the message?

Maverick7661

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nisei said:
Am I missing something? I'm trying to send someone a private message but all I can do is add them in the upper "To:" box. How do I get to actually type the message?

Seem fine with me, r u using the fb app? Or from your web browser? The app is fine wz chat n all. Use that

Maverick7661

iPF Noob
Reaction score
china_cat84 said:
I like Facebook, but I'm a little leery of it now...my 4 yr old was messing around while we were sitting on the computer together and she clicked on a Facebook ad. Long story short, a horrible virus was downloaded to my computer that claimed to be a virus software and it took forever to get rid of it. I had to start pc in safe mode because it wouldn't even let me access the Internet. It was awful. I had to use my iPhone (didn't have iPad at the time!) to google ways to fix the issue. I also monitor my privacy settings daily and I installed ZoneAlarm.

As for apps, I like Friendly - but I rarely play games on Facebook and I never chat. So it's perfect for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

U need a proper anti virus prog

Nisei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seem fine with me, r u using the fb app? Or from your web browser? The app is fine wz chat n all. Use that
Doh! Just discovered I need to hit enter after adding a friend in the To: box. Tapping in the box doesn't work. Also, pasting anything into the text box doesn't work and you can't correct typos other than by using backspace.

Most reactions

Latest posts