What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and dual band routers

Buckeyechuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having problems with weakening signal and dropped connections with my DLINK DIR 655 N router. I changed the settings in my router setup so it only broadcasts in b/g mode (since I couldn't rename the SSID's as Apple suggested).
This seemed to fix my problem and my connection has been full bars and no loss in connection.
This won't help if you are in a public place and defeats the purpose of N mode routers. It prob will work to set mode to N mode only if all your devices use N mode but I have some that can only connect to g mode.

I hope this makes sense and helps someone out.:)

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
I was having problems with weakening signal and dropped connections with my DLINK DIR 655 N router. I changed the settings in my router setup so it only broadcasts in b/g mode (since I couldn't rename the SSID's as Apple suggested).
This seemed to fix my problem and my connection has been full bars and no loss in connection.
This won't help if you are in a public place and defeats the purpose of N mode routers. It prob will work to set mode to N mode only if all your devices use N mode but I have some that can only connect to g mode.

I hope this makes sense and helps someone out.:)

That's very interesting because I have the same exact router and experience no problems whatsoever, you ought to check out this list of fixes or get your iPad replaced, there's no reason why you shouldn't be enjoying the expanded coverage and speed N offers.

Apple Confirms iPad Wi-Fi Problems; Try These Fixes | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

OP
B

Buckeyechuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it must be my router firmware do u know what you are running? It has to b my router because I don't have problems at it her hotspots or my neighbors wifi connection :)

I'll upgrade firmware and see if that fixes problem.

It worked well before until I moved more than 15 ft away from router unobstructed

OP
B

Buckeyechuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated firmware from 1.2to 1.32NA so far so good thanks for verifying that it does work with the DIR 655

jclittle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was having issues with my ipads signal dropping And I too have the 655n router. When I accessed the router web interface and had it check to see if it had the most recent firmware it said it was up to date, However the d-link site shows me at least 4 versions behind what I have. up loading the latest has cured all my ipad inconsistantcies and my Macbook pro is noticiably faster, Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts