What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad always crash with games

Samuelchua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lately after jail breaking my iPad 1 with redsn0w, I always encounter crash on my games like nova2, fast five and even we rule! Do you guys have similar experiences? On other apps it's ok and I have always been cleaning my memory (vis sbsettings) before launching the games. This has made me really wanna ditch my pad with a new iPad 2.

I am wondering is it due to the memory constraints of iPad 1 or is it the iOS 4.3.3 or is it my jailbreak that causes the crash?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Hacking section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The jailbreak alone will not cause crashing. All the jailbreak does it allow root access and install Cydia and some other hardcore internal
mumbo-jumbo. Crashing would be caused by a tweak or hack you recently downloaded. Reply with a list of what you have downloaded and f4780y (when he wakes up :) ) and I will try to help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Games are notorious memory hogs, and the iPad1 has quite limited memory. Therefore, if you have jailbreak tweaks which are memory resident (most are!) this reduces the free memory for other apps. For really big complex games this can sometimes be an issue.

One thing people try is to 1) close all apps, then 2) use "safe mode" to disable all tweaks whilst you play the game in question.

To get into safe mode you can use SBSettings "Power" button and choose safe mode. Once you have finished gaming, exit the game, and exit safe mode by tapping the status bar and choosing the reset option.

Safe Mode on the iPad is not as scary as it sounds. Threre is nothing wrong with using it now and again for this type of problem. All it does is stop mobile substrate from loading any of your JB apps and tweaks therefore maximising your memory profile.
Don't worry if you are using tweaks which mess with your icons or folders. When you go into safe mode all your icons may be back on the springboard and you may have to page through lots of apps to find the game. As soon as you exit safe mode your springboard will be back to normal!

Give it a try and see how you get on.

Last edited:
OP
S

Samuelchua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Games are notorious memory hogs, and the iPad1 has quite limited memory. Therefore, if you have jailbreak tweaks which are memory resident (most are!) this reduces the free memory for other apps. For really big complex games this can sometimes be an issue.

One thing people try is to 1) close all apps, then 2) use "safe mode" to disable all tweaks whilst you play the game in question.

To get into safe mode you can use SBSettings "Power" button and choose safe mode. Once you have finished gaming, exit the game, and exit safe mode by tapping the status bar and choosing the reset option.

Safe Mode on the iPad is not as scary as it sounds. Threre is nothing wrong with using it now and again for this type of problem. All it does is stop mobile substrate from loading any of your JB apps and tweaks therefore maximising your memory profile.
Don't worry if you are using tweaks which mess with your icons or folders. When you go into safe mode all your icons may be back on the springboard and you may have to page through lots of apps to find the game. As soon as you exit safe mode your springboard will be back to normal!

Give it a try and see how you get on.

Thanks pal! The safe mode works really well for me for those games I have mentioned earlier.

Here are the tweaks j have installed so far, but I have them on my iPhone 4 and I dun encounter a single crash on any games.

1) sbssetings
2) multifl0w
3) infinifolders

I even bought xsysinfo but it doesn't seem to work well at all. Guess it's the damn 256mb ram that is causing all these..

Thanks a lot guys anyway, appreciate it!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the double RAM on the iPhone4 really makes a difference!
Can't wait to jailbreak the iPad2 so the memory restrictions become less of an issue...

NINJAMASTR999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might Work Solution

For my Ipad, I found out that 1 of my games were causing the crash.Think back and think when did you last use it before it crashed. Did you download an app? If so,try deleting it:rolleyes:

Most reactions