What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Alarms not working after the upgrade to iOS5

Sean93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I would appreciate your help. None of the alarms for the apps listed in my notification centre - Game centre, My DataUsage, PopPhoto+, Facebook, AppAdvice, 2Do, etc - are not working since I upgraded to iOS 5. I have checked the settings for notifications in 'settings' and they are all correct.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try resetting your iPad...

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again.
More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

OP
S

Sean93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sean93 said:
Thanks mate, I have tried that.

Another thing, which may be related, is the sound for the Daily Show app won't play through my iPad's speakers but it will play through headphones. However music, podcasts, etc, in iTunes will stay play through the iPad's speakers as will the sound for utube videos. Weird. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may need to restore it to the factory settings then...
  1. First make sure you have a USB 2.0 connection cable and the latest version of iTunes installed
  2. Connect the iPad to your Mac or PC and launch iTunes
  3. In the Devices section click on the iPad icon then the Summary tab and then click on the Restore button
  4. When prompted, click on Back Up to back up all your iPad's media and settings
  5. Then click on the Restore button
  6. This will restore your iPad to its factory settings and install the latest version of the iPad operating software. Once this is completed, the iPad will restart
  7. You can now restore all your iPad's media and settings from the most recent back up then click Continue. Your iPad should now be up and running again...
More here:

iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iOS software

OP
S

Sean93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
You may need to restore it to the factory settings then...

[

No joy, sadly. I have restored my ipad three times (to ensure I was dong it right), but I am still not getting any sound from either the app 2Do or Apples inhouse reminder app. I also not getting sound through the speakers on the iPad for the John Stewart app. But I am getting sound for it through my headphones (I don't get the alarm sounds for the reminder apps through the headphones).

I checked in with the local Apple re-saler, where I bought my iPad and they don't know how to fix either. However they give the phone number for the Apple call centre in Australia. I will try this on Monday. I will let you know how I go.

OP
S

Sean93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have managed to get sounds for my notifications and apps that were not making sounds. I used the reset in general part of the settings and bingo! I have sound!

Most reactions

Latest posts