What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad airprint problems with new router

cjjwhiteford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I posted last week that I figured out how to get printing set up in a truck for my husband. The router worked fine right out of the box with an airprint printer. We don't need internet, just the router.

Then my husband was out in the sticks and something disconnected the wi-fi and he couldn't print. He brought it back home. I powered everything off, turned them on in order with patience. Everything is connected. Signal is good. We go to print. The ipad reads the printer. The router shows something is happening, but nothing comes out of the printer. After a few tries, sometimes there is a box that comes up on the ipad after we hit print that says it's connecting - then nothing. Tried again... hit print, no box. Nothing comes out of printer.

Printer and router are brand new. It worked well for a week. Is there something I am missing here? Any ideas?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but Members with similar problems have found that completely deleting the WiFi connection in 'Settings' and then setting it up again seems to cure a whole load of WiFi-related problems.

Tim

OP
C

cjjwhiteford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try it and report back. I really appreciate this forum!

OP
C

cjjwhiteford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did go and reset the settings and it works great now. Thank you!

For those who need to know how to do this:

Settings, general, reset (all the way at the bottom) choose reset network connections.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had to get a new router on Saturday. My service is with Qwest so got a Qwest router at Best Buy. I am not at all technical, but managed to get it set up OK so I am online once again. the problem is my iPad doesn't see my printer now! It saw the printer when I installed it a couple months ago and has been printing just fine up to the new router. My desktop doesn't seem to like the printer now either, it shows it as offline though it is not. My laptop on the other hand prints just fine..... I tried resetting the network connection for the iPad, but it still says no printer found. I don't know what to do now. Like I said, very low tech here.....

And I was so enjoying printing out invoices and packing slips for the day from bed in the morning before I got up!! 

Sent from my 16GB wifi iPad using iPF

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After searching on google, I sorted out the pc issue of showing the printer offline. The wrong port was being used, once I set the correct one, the printer is working fine from both pc and laptop. However, I still can't get the iPad to find the printer. The router is a Qwest PK5000, I see there are issues with this router and AirPrint, but not finding any solutions. Anyone had any experience with this? I really miss being able to print from my iPad! Or can anyone suggest a good ap that will work instead?

Sent from my 16GB wifi iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts