What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air vs iPad 4: specs comparison

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you buying new iPads for your family again? ;) Can you adopt me and Miles and get us one? An iPad is essential to his doggie cognitive development and Mommy needs to ensure that he's developing by remotely checking his progress on my own iPad. This will make iPad #3 for me and Miles' first iPad.

HELL, I bet people have already bought iPads for their pets. LMAO.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

TLB...you're too funny--cognitive development for Miles--love that! To answer your question, yes...I have been meaning to get one for my husband as a combo birthday/Christmas gift! :) ...just don't know which to get him--so we'll be heading to the Apple store to play with them so he can decide! :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TLB...you're too funny--cognitive development for Miles--love that! To answer your question, yes...I have been meaning to get one for my husband as a combo birthday/Christmas gift! :) ...just don't know which to get him--so we'll be heading to the Apple store to play with them so he can decide! :)

Well... Whatever you decide on purchasing I am sure he's going to like so don't spend too much time on it lol. I bet he would like the new iPad Air.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

jes1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The weight of the iPad Air has gotten my attention. Some time ago I switched to the mini because I developed inflammation in the hand I carried the full size iPad with. I haven't had any problems with carrying the mini. There are no spec differences between the iPad Air and the retina display mini except the size. The weight is 1 lb vs 3/4 lb. I am thinking of switching back to the larger iPad.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought the iPad air had 2GB of RAM? If not, that's kind of lame!

In comparing iOS and Android side by side, iOS has much more efficient RAM management compared to Android. On Android-based devices, having more free RAM is a good thing. On iOS-based devices however, the less RAM you have, the better it is. If you have a large amount of unused RAM, then there's an issue as the RAM reading should be around the 5%-25% of the capacity on paper. Even at that stage, iOS will automatically (and with great fluency and efficiency) reallocate RAM where they need to be. RAM that's unused is considered wasted RAM on iOS devices.

1GB is more than sufficient on iOS devices at the current standpoint of iOS. Unless the resource demand from the iOS itself is doubled (tripled even), you won't need 2GB of RAM as the current RAM is the DDR3 (LPDDR3 for the 5S), and has a higher density than the previous DDR2/LPDDR2. The current RAM capabilities is as efficient as it can get right now. The high-end average usage/demand on RAM is roughly 800MB from the perspective of a jailbroken iPhone 5 and iPad 4, and that's with all the excess scripts running in the background constantly on a heavily themed device. If a jailbroken device can have an excess of 100+ MB of RAM, then there's certainly no issue with RAM.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The measurements of the Air are wrong in that picture. According to Apple's own website the Air is 240mm x 169.5mm x 7.5mm. Plus both the iPad 4 and iPad Air both offer a 128Gb version as well.

Who created that chart? Did they even care?

Most reactions

Latest posts