What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air Video playback quality compared to Ipad 3

Danceking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I don't know if I have a faulty Ipad or there is an issue with broadband so I thought I would ask the question .

I'm in UK .

Has anyone noticed a downgrade in the quality of video playback on Air compared to Ipad 3.

Picture quality on mine is just not as good very pixelly . Ipad 3 in my opinion was much clearer sharper HD quality . I don't know if it's due to new chip or a problem with my ipad or broadband .

I notice it when using ITV player and other TV players or playback streaming TV services .. Your thoughts please ??

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We still have ipad 3 and i notice no difference. I do have hi speed and using Air Extreme router. Netflix, Hulu, video on other net sites, Youtube, all are excellent streaming.

ianmedium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just watched a 1080p video on youtube and it was clear as a bell. Also I have ripped all of my collection of Last Of The Summer Wine( I am an ex-pat living in Canada and miss my English telly!) DVD's using handbrake and then transferred them to the iPad, picture quality is leaps and bounds better than it was on my old 1st gen iPad.

OP
D

Danceking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've sent my ipad back it's either me or the picture is not as sharp as it was compared to ipad 3 normally for streaming .. I don't know if this is to do with the chip or what or it could be I'm comparing it to the mini I don't know .. But well I'm not happy with it at all ..

It could be the apps for streaming services need updating to take advantage of the 64bit chip or it might all be in my head

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Streaming is going to be impacted by bandwidth from your source. If you are getting pixelated images while streaming, I would be worried about your connection, not the iPad. I assure you if the chip were the problem this would be the rage of the internet.

Most reactions

Latest posts