What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air updated to iOS 8.1.1

adrna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I just brought an iPad Air like three days ago, and it came with iOS 7.1.2, so I wanted to use pages and keynote, so I have updated to iOS 8.1.1 via OTA before connecting the iPad to iTunes. Now, I think it has many bugs like the one in the attachment:

1d9ae8c3c290061eee00b02a34c46969.jpg

Do you think I need to restore my iPad with iTunes? Or not... Maybe are they common issues with the update.... Another bug is when I have the Bluetooth off and I turn on airdrop directly from the control center with my contacts only, the Bluetooth icon doesn't appear next to the battery percentage.

What do you think?

And finally, when the iPad is locked with the magnetic case and I open it, the word "iPad" in the corner sometimes are not white, it's like combined with the blur effect...

I hope you can understand what I am saying, sorry for my bad English.

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In your case, it might have been better to update it using iTunes. Now that it's already up to date, restore it using iTunes:

Make sure iTunes on your computer is up to date. Backup your iPad. Use the method you prefer - iCloud or iTunes. Then connect your iPad to the computer and use iTunes to restore it.

That done, reset your device: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you can see the Apple logo. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

OP
A

adrna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I will do that, and if I make a backup with iTunes, won't it affect? I mean, if it will conserve the issues or something...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have a good backup before you updated the iPad, don't' make a new one. Just use the original to restore from backup, after you do the software restore.

Unless you've added essential data since the update. In that case you'll either need to save that data off, or take a chance on a new backup.

While you are making up your mind, visit Settings > iCloud and make sure you've got the automatic backups turned off; so you don't lose your options. If you were using iCloud to backup, that is.

OP
A

adrna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys! I've decided to restore my iPad without backups, I have all of my apps on iTunes, so I won't lose anything.

OP
A

adrna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done! And everything is fine now.

Most reactions

Latest posts