What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad air - underlines some text

jigar_venzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SOLVED*

G'day everyone, not sure if what my ipad doing is something that it used to do before or has just started.
iPad Air - iOS 8.4 (JB)
as you can notice in attached photos, one is about setting up new alarm, and it shows underline below sav/cancel button. I think it wasn't like this before. And second is youtube search, when i search something on youtube it shows the underline below the search text. If you have iPad Air with iOS 8.4, could you please confirm this 2 apps and let me what are you getting there? And if you know the possible cause / solution to this, please do let me know.

Many Thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160316_112335.jpg
    IMG_20160316_112335.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20160316_113734.jpg
    IMG_20160316_113734.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > General > Accessibility > Button Shapes

In some apps this adds a grey button shape behind words to make it clearer that they can be tapped on. In other apps it seems to underline those words instead. I'm guessing it depends on how the developer chose to support iOS's accessibility features.

This feature was added in iOS 8. As far as I know it shouldn't have anything to do with Jailbreaking.

OP
J

jigar_venzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings > General > Accessibility > Button Shapes

In some apps this adds a grey button shape behind words to make it clearer that they can be tapped on. In other apps it seems to underline those words instead. I'm guessing it depends on how the developer chose to support iOS's accessibility features.

This feature was added in iOS 8. As far as I know it shouldn't have anything to do with Jailbreaking.

hey, Thanks for help :) what you suggested has worked fine. I believe my cousin would have changed it yesterday ..haha
I had no idea feature like this exists :)

Most reactions