iPad Air takes top tablet spot in December while iPad 2 sales drop significantly

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jan 22, 2014.

By RaduTyrsina on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM
  1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    CIRP.iPad.mix.2013.png

According to a fresh reporting coming from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners, iPad 2 sales have dropped significantly while Apple's fifth generation full-size iPad Air was the most popular iPad over the holidays. CIRP Partner and Co-Founder, Mike Levin, said the following:

The report shows that consumers have shifted towards newer models over the holidays, as iPad Air sales accounted for 41 percent of all iPads sold, while the fourth generation "iPad with Retina Display" made up another 13 percent. The iPad 2, with a lower price, represented only 5 percent of sales. The report says that full sized iPads constituted 59 percent of Apple's tablet sales, while Apple's iPad mini models accounted for 41 percent of sales. The original iPad mini obtained 25 percent of all sales and the Retina-equipped iPad Mini 2 managed to get 16 percent of the mix.

Source: MacRumors

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jan 22, 2014.

1. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      It's time for the iPad 2 to be retired. I loved mine but all good things must come to an end. Why would anyone pay $400 bucks for an iPad 2? Makes ZERO sense.
    2. AQ_OC
      AQ_OC
      It makes no logical sense, frankly, but I think Apple knows that some folks will buy it just because it says Apple on it. But all of the lower cost options are obviously starting to become widely known, so Apple needs to up their game.
      Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    3. Junior
      Junior
      Apple kept that iPad 2 to appeal to budget shopper. Someone wants an iPad but can't afford or justify to cost of buying the latest one for 3 times the price. It's dumb, the iPad 2 is dated. Time to .....

Moderator edit: Please watch the language.
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    4. tlbaker
      tlbaker
      Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest ...

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    5. Ser Aphim
      Ser Aphim
      The iPad Mini with retina is the same price as the iPad 2, and its also just the same as the iPad air, but smaller.
    6. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      That's true but the iPad 2 is priced at too high of a level for what you are getting. It's cheaper but it's a poor value and not really a good buy. Not when you could have a 4th gen refurb for $379 or even a new iPad Air for a hundred bucks more. For the iPad 2 to be a good but it would have to have been priced at $299 or even less.
    7. AQ_OC
      AQ_OC
      I'd be that Apple could half the price of the iPad 2 and still earn a profit. I'd like to see it for $250.
    8. tlbaker
      tlbaker
      Maybe they don't want a smaller iPad ...

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD
    9. Ser Aphim
      Ser Aphim
      I guess maybe.