What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air shuts down unexpectedly

ginsus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the forum so bear w/ me. My husband has an Ipad Air, IOS 7 and uses an app named "wordswithfriends". Basically, an international scrabble game. It was shutting down unexpectedly. He deleted all Safari History and I don't know if that was a help. However, after many discussions, he told me that anytime 2 different ads came up (wanted to use as a freebie) that was when the Ipad shut down. Those are no longer popping us and so far so good. Two ads (he can't remember what they were????). I don't use an Ipad so I have to do this second hand. Getting other ads and so far no problems. Thank you for this forum.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the ads were causing the issue, they've probably been removed for that reason. It's to neither the ad provider nor the developer's benefit to have ads crashing the app.

In case you and your husband did not know, you can go to the profile, then settings and Remove Ads. It's an in app purchase. He may feel worth the cost to get rid of ads altogether. I did.

As Brian 244 suggested, upgrading to iOS 8 is a good idea. The iPad Air works fine with iOS 8.3.

OP
G

ginsus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I suggested updating to IOS 8.3 and he said he would think about it. I will talk to our daughter about it next time she is here. She is also an IT professional who bought and set it up for him. The app was shutting down and giving him a blank screen.Therefore, he had to shut down the Ipad Air and reboot. He did not want to buy the app. I am doing the best I can w./ a very uncooperative "client". Glad he was never a client for the companies I worked for. Very frustrating!

Most reactions

Latest posts