What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air not charging

FairyNuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem with my iPad air not charging.
I just learned that Apple recommends running devices down once a month. Something I haven't been doing. I usually charge my devices overnight, so they never get the chance to run down.
Today, I put both iPad air & old ipad2 on full brightness and never lock, so they ran low pretty quickly. The iPad air got down to 1% before shutting off & the iPad 2 turned off at 4%. Then I put them both on charge. The iPad 2 has recharged now but the iPad air is not charging at all. It just shows the battery with the red line at the bottom. So I'm guessing it ran itself down too far and doesn't have enough juice to get itself charging again. Is this rectifiable?
Would appreciate any useful comments. Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If an iPad is very low on power, you're not able to use it for 20 minutes. The icon you'll see looks like this:
image.jpg

Apple Support

This means it's charging. So wait for 20 minutes, maybe this will be rectified by itself.

OP
FairyNuff

FairyNuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, that is what it's showing, thank you.
I'll let you know if it's successful.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that waiting is all you need to do. :)

OP
FairyNuff

FairyNuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much. The wait was worthwhile, and it's charging as it should now.
I was a little worried that I'd damaged it!

Most reactions

Latest posts