What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad air losing power

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Glad your daughter's experience is better than mine. Will try to get to a store when I'm in a town that has one ... and I don't feel like sending it in for diagnosis. I may be at point that it would be good money after bad.

Hello - my post above is from June 2017, so the information is current. Also, I agree w/ Johanna on having your iPad evaluated for its 'Battery Health' - I have a 3 y/o iPad Air 2 w/ a degrading battery - also Coconut Battery is on my Mac computers - just ran the app on my MBPro (the computer is 3 years old but Apple replaced the battery which is just 1 year) and also on my iPad - below is a combo screen capture - the laptop battery looks great, but the one in the iPad is 'sick' - the battery in the latter will charge to 100% and if I then do a 'Reset' the 'Battery Health' would likely be about 60% (a simple ratio shown on the bottom right of the iPad results) - NOTE that I have over 500 cycles on the iPad battery, but in general at that cycle count, the 'Battery Health' should be 80% or better - I'll be replacing that iPad soon, so not a major issue for me.

From your description, I would suspect that your cycle count is high and your 'Battery Health' poor - without having an app to do the same type of testing as shown below, then you need an assessment by Apple. Your warranty is over (even if you had AppleCare), so Battery Replacement Options can be seen in the link - a difficult DIY project and a $100 USD charge, if done by Apple - you have an older iPad model (not sure how much storage is in the device - a factor for consideration if low) and your best option may be (like me) getting a newer iPad - good luck and let us know your results if the device is tested. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 5.45.29 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts