ipad air losing power

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by sam66, Jun 28, 2017.

1. sam66

sam66
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    hi i have an ipad air ios 10.3.2 my problem is after recharging the battery shows 100% but
    after 20 minutes this drops to 65% and after another 1/2 hour this drops to 45/35% this is a recent
    occurence and the ipad is 2 years old any help appreciated sam66

2. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Check your screen brightness (set it to about half brightness) and if it is in a smart case or any kind of case,remove it and see what happens.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Sam.. - welcome to the forum! :) The iPad Air was released in the fall of 2013, so the first models are pushing 4 years of age (not sure if your device @ the 2 years mentioned above means that you bought a 'used' device); but, if so the battery may be the issue - in addition to the comments already suggested, 'Reset' the iPad & charge fully to see if there is a difference (the maneuver is done by holding down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears which may take 10 secs or so - then release and allow the iPad to reboot).

If of no help, download Coconut Battery if you own a Mac computer - the app will determine your 'battery health' and 'cycle count' (see pic below) - if your cycle count is 500 or so, then your battery health should be 80+% - if your battery health is a lot lower, then that may be the issue. Dave
    Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 10.38.58 PM.png

4. Jupiter7

Jupiter7
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Have you by any chance intentionally or otherwise turned on Bluetooth. That can really use a lot of power when searching for a device.

5. sam66

sam66
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

6. sam66

sam66
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    no just found receipt 2 years is right and its definately new looks like a trip to the workshop

7. sam66

sam66
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

8. sam66

sam66
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    funny thing you said that i have had blue tooth turned on since day 1 but i did turn it off couple of hours ago and it seems to have slowed the usage down
    fingers crossed until tomorrow

9. JezzerP

JezzerP
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Another thing to look at would be individual app battery usage. Some apps consume battery faster than others, particularly if they use functions such as Location Services and Push Notifications etc. This can also be happening in the background even if the app is not active. Have you recently installed some new apps? If you go to Settings > Battery it will list the most battery hungry apps of the last 24hrs or the last 7 days. I'm not sure how accurate the figures are, but it will give you an idea of what's going on if you monitor it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I was told to never let your battery run all the way to zero before you recharge.