What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air cant keeps dropping, then reconnecting

Linxroxas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought an MSI GS60 Ghost Pro, when i connect my iPad Air, it connects for about half a second then disconnects. Half a second after that, it reconnects again, then disconnects and so on.

Tried all the USB Ports on my laptop, same thing. Got to connect my LG phone to the laptop, so I don't think its the USB's problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently bought an MSI GS60 Ghost Pro, when i connect my iPad Air, it connects for about half a second then disconnects. Half a second after that, it reconnects again, then disconnects and so on.

Tried all the USB Ports on my laptop, same thing. Got to connect my LG phone to the laptop, so I don't think its the USB's problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Are you trying to connect your iPad Air to itunes on your laptop? If so, do you have the latest version of iTunes, iTunes 12.0.1, installed on your laptop? An older version of iTunes won't work with a device on the latest version of iOS.

prflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been experiencing the same problem, it started about 2 months ago. Itunes and all other programs are up to date, I'm using apple cables. Only happens with Ipad Air when connecting to iTunes, have an iphone 5S & 6+ and they work perfectly. Have changed usb port with no fix. Sometimes get fixed by rebooting Macbook Pro. A couple of days ago I noticed that it seems that usb cable needs to be really pushed hard into usb port and problem disappears.

Hope this helps.

gmcneel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 2 doing the same. I connect it to my ThinkPad using USB. Running latest iTunes v12.1.2.27. Connects for several seconds and drops. Does this over and over until I disconnect from cable. Nothing above seems to work...

Most reactions