iPad Air 2 worse battery life than iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by Chafner, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Chafner

Chafner
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have turned off all sorts of things in settings (IOS 9.0.2) and still I can watch my battery drain. Just writing this post it went down 1%. My iPad 2 hardly ever had to be charged in a couple of days. I'm lucky if I don't have to charge my iPad Air 2 several times a day. Both iPads have essentially the same apps on it. I'm at a loss and very disappointed. (My iPod 5 also drains miserably). No marked improvements in battery life on any of these devices since IOS 9.

2. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Check your brightness level and your battery usage in settings (this should tell you whats using the battery. I won't disagree that the Air 2 has worse life than the iPad 2 (I have both and have seen the difference myself )but it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

3. Chafner

Chafner
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Brian, good suggestions. Both devices had same brightness setting. Ipad Air 2 showed safari at 62% usage and ipad 2 at 2%!!! I've always left safari open but I will start closing it on ipad Air 2 and see what happens. Settings for safari on both devices are the same.

My ipad air 2 was down to 52% battery usage today at 3pm and ipad 2 is at 94%. Yes, the air got used a bit more today, but YIKES!

4. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I would also recommend a trip to the Apple store as I'm guessing that the odds are good that your iPad is still under warranty.

5. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You should get a good 10 hours at least on a full recharge. I leave mine on overnight every night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk