What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 2 worse battery life than iPad 2

Chafner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have turned off all sorts of things in settings (IOS 9.0.2) and still I can watch my battery drain. Just writing this post it went down 1%. My iPad 2 hardly ever had to be charged in a couple of days. I'm lucky if I don't have to charge my iPad Air 2 several times a day. Both iPads have essentially the same apps on it. I'm at a loss and very disappointed. (My iPod 5 also drains miserably). No marked improvements in battery life on any of these devices since IOS 9.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check your brightness level and your battery usage in settings (this should tell you whats using the battery. I won't disagree that the Air 2 has worse life than the iPad 2 (I have both and have seen the difference myself )but it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

OP
C

Chafner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brian, good suggestions. Both devices had same brightness setting. Ipad Air 2 showed safari at 62% usage and ipad 2 at 2%!!! I've always left safari open but I will start closing it on ipad Air 2 and see what happens. Settings for safari on both devices are the same.

My ipad air 2 was down to 52% battery usage today at 3pm and ipad 2 is at 94%. Yes, the air got used a bit more today, but YIKES!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Brian, good suggestions. Both devices had same brightness setting. Ipad Air 2 showed safari at 62% usage and ipad 2 at 2%!!! I've always left safari open but I will start closing it on ipad Air 2 and see what happens. Settings for safari on both devices are the same.

My ipad air 2 was down to 52% battery usage today at 3pm and ipad 2 is at 94%. Yes, the air got used a bit more today, but YIKES!

You should get a good 10 hours at least on a full recharge. I leave mine on overnight every night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts