What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad air 2 wifi

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if I buy the ipad air 2 wifi model can I connect with the internet when I am out and about. I am told there is a slot in the machine that allows me to put in a pay as you go card !!! but I can't find any information on this.

thanks

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cellular air 2 has the sim slot. Wifi only air 2 does not as far as I know.
If you use BT as your ISP then I believe you can use wifi wherever there are BT routers enabled to allow you to connect. Other than that many places have free wifi e.g. Cafes.

OP
M

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use BT as your ISP then I believe you can use wifi wherever there are BT routers enabled to allow you to connect. Other than that many places have free wifi e.g. Cafes.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
if I buy the ipad air 2 wifi model can I connect with the internet when I am out and about. I am told there is a slot in the machine that allows me to put in a pay as you go card !!! but I can't find any information on this.

Hello - you've already received some excellent answers; but just to reiterate (and I own a new Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2), there is no slot for a cellular SIM, so Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth) are your only wireless options; thus, you will need to be near a Wi-Fi network to connect to the internet; of course, this could be @ home or anywhere else that offers Wi-Fi, whether free or paid. Wife & I have Wi-Fi only iPads, and bring the devices along on all of our road trips - we always stay @ hotels w/ Wi-Fi, so has not been a limitation for us.

BUT, if you need to be on the internet in the absence of a Wi-Fi network, then you will need to consider either buying a cellular capable iPad, using a personal 'hotspot', such as your phone (if that is an option), or looking into a MiFi Device - good luck in your choice. Dave :)

Most reactions