What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 2 screen touch does'nt reply

MissMitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, my iPad screen stopped functioning. So, today I contacted the Apple support... After a long day of phone calls, chats, updates, restore and all, I took it to the Cami shop. They told me that it's not possible to solve the problem because the warranty is not valid anymore (of course !) and they don't seem to want to give me any price reduction on a new one either...

The iPad turns ON, but the screen won't reply when I want to enter my code.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and... do you have any idea of how to repair the screen (unofficial repairing, of course, as the official one won't help me) ? :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The warranty status should have no bearing on the Genius Bar being able to diagnose your problem. Did they quote you the out of warranty repair cost?

OP
MissMitty

MissMitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No drop, no spill, nothing. I was using it and it suddenly froze in my hands. The Cami Shop technician just told me it's not worth repairing it because it will be too expensive and no one gave me an out warranty price.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It’s odd that the touch would just up and stop working
Have you tried a reset? Holding home and power for 10seconds. As well as a restore through iTunes ?
As far as a third party repair, Depending on your location and repair budget ,you could try iPad Rehab located in upstate NY one of the best for iPad repair and specializes in board level repair which you may need in this case.

OP
MissMitty

MissMitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I tried both the update and then the restore process through iTunes.
I'm in Belgium. I may have found a place to ask for a repair price. Last chance before sending it back to Apple, I guess.

Thanks a lot to you for your help and advices ! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts