What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 1 Keeps Freezing After iOS 10 Upgrade

Roger W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has a 16GB iPad Air 1 that has 2.8GB of available memory.

Since the iOS 10 upgrade, she has been having problems with the ipad freezing on occassion, three to four times per day. The only way to get functionality back is to do a reboot.

Has anyone else been having similar problems and do you know a solution?

Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My wife has a 16GB iPad Air 1 that has 2.8GB of available memory.

Since the iOS 10 upgrade, she has been having problems with the ipad freezing on occassion, three to four times per day. The only way to get functionality back is to do a reboot.

Hi Roger.. - saw your post the other day and assumed that someone would post, but no luck - not sure if you've solved the issue, so will just ask a few questions: 1) Is the iPad 'freezing' on specific apps; 2) Does the problem relate to Wi-Fi and/or cellular connections; and 3) What does a 'reboot' mean, i.e. is your wife using just the ON-OFF button or is she pressing both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons; if the latter, then takes about 10 secs for the Apple logo to appear - on release, the device will do a 'hard' reboot. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the available storage gets too small it can cause problems similar to what you're experiencing. If you delete about 3GB of content does the performance improve. You can backup the iPad first so you won't permanently lose anything currently on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts