What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad activation

tazmageddon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi so i bought a second hand ipad for my little boy but after trying to reset it and set it up im stuck at the activation page saying its linked to the old owner but i dont have there details and cant get them to answer me. iv seen stuff on you tube about bypassing this part but when i try download the programs i get virus warnings anyone got any helpfull ideas or point me in the direction of safe downloads to get this working? cheers for any help given

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

You will need to get in touch with the previous owner and have him deactivate the Find My IPad feature on the iPad. It is the only way you will be able to get this iPad working again.

We are now beginning to see more and more members posting with this same issue.

For a little more info, look here
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/120738-ipad-apple-id-password-problem.html

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust any 3rd party software that says they can bypass this. They just either want your money or want to add spyware on your computer. The only way to deal with this is what Leelai said that you need to find a way to contact the original owner and see if they can help you otherwise you have a brick on your hands.

Most reactions

Latest posts