1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad a1416

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by sleepersd, Jun 24, 2013.

1. sleepersd

sleepersd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just in shock now.i have iPad that I got at bestbuy as soon as came out,I always thought that I bought ipad4,and they,I'm pretty sure,were selling it as ipad4. I just find out that this is actually iPad 3rd generation with retina display.they were making this model only for 2 months.
    I'm just soooo mad and really don't know what to do.at the time that I got this one iPad 3 was out for long time.
    What to do in this situation?
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +766 / 0
    You could try taking it back to BB, and explaining the situation. If you were told it was a 4th gen model, you could be in with a chance of a replacement, particularly if you paid the price for the latest. When I bought my Mac from BB, I deliberately bought the late 2012 model instead of the 2013, to save $200.

Having said all of that, there are advantages to the 3rd gen models, not least of which is the huge number of accessories designed for the 30 pin dock connector, so if you find that you did indeed receive a discount, you might want to think twice about chopping it in.

I know it's always easy to be smart after the fact, but we have extensive discussions on new models as they are released, as well as following all of the rumours, so a close eye on the threads in this forum can help to prevent these kind of happenings. There's not a lot gets past our news team, or our members.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +960 / 0
    Moving this to the General Discussions area.

Thanks!