What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad a1416

sleepersd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just in shock now.i have iPad that I got at bestbuy as soon as came out,I always thought that I bought ipad4,and they,I'm pretty sure,were selling it as ipad4. I just find out that this is actually iPad 3rd generation with retina display.they were making this model only for 2 months.
I'm just soooo mad and really don't know what to do.at the time that I got this one iPad 3 was out for long time.
What to do in this situation?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try taking it back to BB, and explaining the situation. If you were told it was a 4th gen model, you could be in with a chance of a replacement, particularly if you paid the price for the latest. When I bought my Mac from BB, I deliberately bought the late 2012 model instead of the 2013, to save $200.

Having said all of that, there are advantages to the 3rd gen models, not least of which is the huge number of accessories designed for the 30 pin dock connector, so if you find that you did indeed receive a discount, you might want to think twice about chopping it in.

I know it's always easy to be smart after the fact, but we have extensive discussions on new models as they are released, as well as following all of the rumours, so a close eye on the threads in this forum can help to prevent these kind of happenings. There's not a lot gets past our news team, or our members.

Most reactions

Latest posts