What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad A1395 Battery Replacement Questions PLEASE

OP
L

Leaky88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It’s totally repairable and is a common trap. If you’re not experienced at soldering I don’t advise starting with this repair. Check your local repair shops to see if they can do it. You may be looking at about $25 to $50 for the repair.
Brain,
Thanks. I don't know what the secret is to removing it. I studied and looked at it for the forever. Really is a sick feeling to see complete assembly vice just the connector. Leaky

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brain,
Thanks. I don't know what the secret is to removing it. I studied and looked at it for the forever. Really is a sick feeling to see complete assembly vice just the connector. Leaky
The instructions in step 37 say to pull the connector very carefully straight up. Maybe you inadvertently used an angled pull which pulled the entire socket from the logic board.

OP
L

Leaky88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The instructions in step 37 say to pull the connector very carefully straight up. Maybe you inadvertently used an angled pull which pulled the entire socket from the logic board.
Maybe. I cannot even see how it separates now that it's out.

OP
L

Leaky88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brian, It gets better. I got the socket free of the speaker plug but damaged it. I got it second hand because of a broken screen - the second one, I was told. I am not above a mistake, but the socket looked like it was distorted and it took a lot of effort to free socket from plug. Do you happen to have a part source for a single replacement socket? I realize almost everything is sold in sub-assemblies, but thought I would ask. Having worked Micro-miniature repair "years" ago, I'm certain a socket could be reattached to the board in correct setting. I know, it would be easier to quit, but if I do, it wins.

Most reactions

Latest posts