Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by BikerThomas, Apr 16, 2010.
I had the same problem. Turn wifi off then back on. Works for me.
Yeah, but I've limited it to 50 addresses. I also tried resetting my router and not limiting the DHCP scope - still no difference. I only have 3-4 devices on my network.
I've tried that about a million times - that's definitely not the solution
Thanks but I've tried all kinds of security protocols on my router, including making it fully open with no encryption or password. This doesn't work.
It's not his router settings, he's already stated he tried other open WiFi networks and hotspots and resetting his network settings on the iPad also setting static IP. (however was not clear if he used the proper subnet and or separate DNS than his networks default)
There is something else amiss here.
Thomas, try the static again this time use dns from another source like dns 2go, or some similar other than one from Norway.
OK, I'll try that tonight. What's the dns2go DNS address?
I guess I could try Google's public DNS as well Using Google Public DNS
The Google Public DNS IP addresses are as follows:
You can use either number as your primary or secondary DNS server. You can specify both numbers, but do not specify one number as both primary and secondary
I'll let ya know if it works or not.
Don't know if you fixed your problem or not since the last post was over a week ago. But I just came across this post after mine started doing the exact same thing.
I fixed mine by just doing Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. Soon as I did that I was able to connect to the internet. BTW mine had been connecting to my wifi no problem for a couple weeks and then just suddenly stopped.
Issue with 169.x.x.x IP Addresses.
When I setup my iPad, I could connect to my wireless access point, however, I couldn't browser to the web. I was receiving an IP address from the WAP, and, from other devices on the same subnet, I could ping the iPad's IP address. As it turns out, my internal IP address scheme was using a 169.x.x.x address, and it appears the iPad will not communicate when this address space is used. The 169 IP address space is often used as an IP address a system will use if it can't pull a real DHCP IP address. Once I changed my internal IP address scheme from the 169 space, the iPad connected. Like the OP, I was seeing the following error from Safari.
"Cannot Open Page: Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the Internet"
Hope this helps someone else in the future.
It would seem that it was a DHCP client issue on the iPad itself.
Problem with WiFi and iPad
This problem has been determined to be a bug in Safari.
On some networks (like home network) you have a WEP code or something similar to get connected.
Very often when you go to an airport or office and try to log in, especially to an open network, the iPad may have worked the day before but now it won't work.
The Problem was determined to be a setting in Safari for iPad that will be fixed in an update at some time in the future.
Go to Settings
Look at the AutoFill option.
Click on Autofill
Turn off Names & Passwords (It will automatically clear what's in there)
Select your network
And it will work fine!