iPad 64GB WiFi problems (cannot connect)

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by BikerThomas, Apr 16, 2010.

1. dpippel

dpippel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    No, it's NOT the router. It's the IPAD IPAD IPAD.

2. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    More often than not, local WiFi connectivity issues are directly related to the router's settings or firmware. Especially when a device attempting to connect is newer than the router. WiFi cards in routers, computers and iPads are pretty solid-state and are the last thing I'd check. Sometimes it's a driver issue or having to do with some third-party WiFi management software, but that's typically a computer problem that's not likely the case with an iPad.

Make sure your router is updated to the latest firmware (go to "support" page of the router manufacturer's web site and find the latest software to download. They will have installation instructions.). Especially if you've had the router for more than a year or so. For a lot of folks I have helped, this is often the fix.

Also try another channel in the router. You may be experiencing just enough interference on a particular channel to keep the iPad from connecting. Lots of ordinary stuff around the house interferes with WiFi.

Easiest test is to go to a Starbuck's or some place that has an open WiFi network and attempt to get on there.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

3. Kan601

Kan601
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Problem solved!

I have the same problem with my IPad 2 and tried every suggestion in this thread and couldn't solve it. I've change to static IP, reboot my router, reboot iPad, reset iPad's network setting, etc but none of that solve my problem. Then found this solution work for me. I changed wireless security setting in my router from WEP to WPA then IPad 2 internet work flawlessly!

4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Glad that you got the issue resolved,thanks for letting us know the solution.

The Archangel