What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 64GB keeps randomly crashing?

tortelliniguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 1 64gb just kept randomly crashing now its stuck at the apple logo repeatedly rebooting and sometimes a full white screen. I have tried restoring it with no luck. Same issue keeps happening! My warranty is long gone but I wondering If I take into apple if they would exchange for an iPad 2 if I paid the OOW. Fee.

OP
T

tortelliniguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I only use my iPad at home as an iPod for my stereo pretty. Much. I can go back to using my MacBook Pro or iPhone 4S as an iPod.

But my question is will apple give me an option to trade in for a new ipad if I add cash or only an OOW replacement. Will they give me a ipad 1 or maybe upgrade to an iPad 2 since they don't sell iPad 1's anymore

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I only use my iPad at home as an iPod for my stereo pretty. Much. I can go back to using my MacBook Pro or iPhone 4S as an iPod.

But my question is will apple give me an option to trade in for a new ipad if I add cash or only an OOW replacement. Will they give me a ipad 1 or maybe upgrade to an iPad 2 since they don't sell iPad 1's anymore

It is really hard to know what apple will do. As the Genius Bar folks have a lot of power to wield as they see fit, your best bet is just to go see them and turn on the charm. :). You never know.

OP
T

tortelliniguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
It is really hard to know what apple will do. As the Genius Bar folks have a lot of power to wield as they see fit, your best bet is just to go see them and turn on the charm. :). You never know.

I made an appointment for tomorrow and I'm going to see what they do. I'll use my charm, hopefully I get a girl!

OP
T

tortelliniguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So apple pretty said they can't do anything except take my old iPad give me an OOW refurb. I obviously said no and will end up selling the iPad on eBay most likely to recover some of the 500$ i spent on it. Probably will only be able to sell for 150 or 200 if im lucky.. Thanks for the help though guys!

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tortelliniguy said:
So apple pretty said they can't do anything except take my old iPad give me an OOW refurb. I obviously said no and will end up selling the iPad on eBay most likely to recover some of the 500$ i spent on it. Probably will only be able to sell for 150 or 200 if im lucky.. Thanks for the help though guys!

I'm a little confused... I understand if you are out of the original warranty, but, do you have Apple Care on the product? When you say the best Apple can do is give you an out of warranty refurb, do you mean actually give, or sell it to you? If you are covered by Apple care, Apple doesn't do refurbs and they are obligated to replace with a new iPad 1 or upgrade you.

If you are NOT covered and they are offering a courtesy replacement with an out of warranty refurb, take it. Apple refurbs are better than anybody elses NIB devices and totally worth it.

If they are offering to sell you an out of warranty refurb, which you did NOT indicate, then it depends what kind of deal they are offering. For a hundred bucks or so, it's probably still worth it. I don't think anyone else offers a 64gb tablet other than Apple and to get below $300 new, on any tablet, you need to go Android.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been going on with the iPad 1 since the IOS 5.1 upgrade. I spoke with apple tech and was told to upgrade to the iPad 2...because there will be no patch to correct it. Very disappointed. Looking into the Samsung Galaxy. Everyone I know who has it..love it. I've had nothing but trouble with my 4th Generation iPod, this iPad 1...husband asked me if I wanted the mini or iPad 2 for Christmas, told him no..time to move on from apple products. Very disappointed

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Charbarot said:
This has been going on with the iPad 1 since the IOS 5.1 upgrade. I spoke with apple tech and was told to upgrade to the iPad 2...because there will be no patch to correct it. Very disappointed. Looking into the Samsung Galaxy. Everyone I know who has it..love it. I've had nothing but trouble with my 4th Generation iPod, this iPad 1...husband asked me if I wanted the mini or iPad 2 for Christmas, told him no..time to move on from apple products. Very disappointed dde12

Is it really that surprising that the iPad 1 is old tech now?

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Is it really that surprising that the iPad 1 is old tech now?

No, not really Moonlit. That's probably one of the reason's why Apple stock dropped so sharply in Oct. people are getting smart to the games now being conducted by apple to force them to buy something they can't afford or to go without an upgrade. Such as what is happening with my IPad 1....can't get the latest upgrade. (IOS 6).

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So apple is offering you a refurb, usable product, and yet you said no? So were they supposed to give you a new one(like they had any new 1st gens left anymore?) or a new new one because your several years old device isn't working? Sorry but with no other company or electronic tech device would you expect that. I think people expect way too much from Apple because they tend to do so much more than anybody else does. I had a Sony TV that the tube went out of at literally day 91 of ownership. Would the nice people at Sony give me a new tv? Nope. Did they even offer to cover the cost of repair? Nope. Sorry, our warranty is 90 days, plain & simple, our obligation to you ends at 90 days even though one should reasonably expect a tv to last more than 90 days at a time(would we really buy a new tv every 3 months on a regular basis??!!)
If in 2 years, my iPad 3 dies and apple offers me a refurb working one, you bet I will take it! Or if they offer me a discount on a new one, you betcha. I can't get that with any other thing I buy, so I think that's pretty dang sweet!
And what other non working device can you still sell on ebay for $100-$150, 3 years after it's manufacture? Apple stuff, that's what.
Not trying to hassle you OP, just saying that we hold Apple to a higher standard and I think we need to take a step back & chill.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Charbarot said:
No, not really Moonlit. That's probably one of the reason's why Apple stock dropped so sharply in Oct. people are getting smart to the games now being conducted by apple to force them to buy something they can't afford or to go without an upgrade. Such as what is happening with my IPad 1....can't get the latest upgrade. (IOS 6).

Apple in not playing any "games"with it's customers to force then to upgrade or be left behind. It's inherent in the electronics industry that older items become outdated and at some point, no longer upgradable. Exactly the same thing happens to the products produced by every other electronics manufacturer. You don't become the most profitable company ever by playing "games" with your customers.

Most reactions

Latest posts