iPad 5 rumored to be significantly lighter and slimmer

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Finnedog

Finnedog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    IMHO the lightning adaptor should replace all the stinking USB plugs in all there assorted shapes!!

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    It's a matter of degree, but IMO there is plenty of room for less weight before usability will be impacted. We are in no danger of having an iPad that is too light...

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I agree. It won't happen those because everyone would have to pay apple. Lighting, as a connector, beats most of computer connectors I have used.

4. sudhir22

sudhir22
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Apple is famous to launch new features tablet and pc.Really this is looking good.

5. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I bought an iPad 4 on the last day of 2012 and while I love it even I have to admit that it is a bit too heavy for comfortable use in one hand. If Apple can shave off a quarter or even third of its weight to make it easier to hold in one hand, for reading magazines and books for example, whilst avoiding making the iPad feel too light and plasticky then, I for one, would be happy. True, you get used to the weight of the iPad 4 and the heft and aluminium back does give it a quality feel missing from other tablets but there's no getting around the fact that it is heavy. I was actually quite surprised by how heavy it was actually having never used or held an iPad before.

6. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like the mini might be the right iPad for you!