iPad 5 rumored to be significantly lighter and slimmer

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jan 17, 2013.

By RaduTyrsina on Jan 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    iPadmini.110202.004.JPG

With the launch of the iPad mini well behind us, it’s high time that Apple fans would start concentrating on something else. Like the next full-fledged iPad. New information coming from the direction of KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who wrote a note to investors this week, sheds some light on the features the next generation device is going to sport.

According to Kuo, the most significant improvement we’re going to notice in the new tablet is its incredible light weight and narrow waist. He also mentions that the tablet will come featuring the edge-to-edge design we have already seen in the iPad mini.

Kuo also put a partial date on the release of the next generation iPad, forecasting that Apple might end up launching the gadget on the market somewhere in the third quarter of 2013. This prediction is a little different from other rumors we have been seeing around, which state that the iPad 5 will show its head in March, following the trend imposed by the iPad 4.

The analyst went on to describe the new iPad by adding that the tablet will probably sport a Retina Display with a screen resolution of 2048x1536, in the same vein as the previous one.

Kuo has been known for his accurate predictions. For example, last year, he indicated that the next generation iPad will be launched at the end of 2012. Many people thought the prediction was bogus, because Apple just released its latest version of the iPad in March. Nevertheless, they were proven wrong when Cupertino dropped the iPad 4 on the market in October.

Source: AppleInsider

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Finnedog
      Finnedog
      IMHO the lightning adaptor should replace all the stinking USB plugs in all there assorted shapes!!
    2. AQ_OC
      AQ_OC
      It's a matter of degree, but IMO there is plenty of room for less weight before usability will be impacted. We are in no danger of having an iPad that is too light...
    3. AQ_OC
      AQ_OC
      I agree. It won't happen those because everyone would have to pay apple. Lighting, as a connector, beats most of computer connectors I have used.
    4. sudhir22
      sudhir22
      Apple is famous to launch new features tablet and pc.Really this is looking good.
    5. Doctor Hades
      Doctor Hades
      I bought an iPad 4 on the last day of 2012 and while I love it even I have to admit that it is a bit too heavy for comfortable use in one hand. If Apple can shave off a quarter or even third of its weight to make it easier to hold in one hand, for reading magazines and books for example, whilst avoiding making the iPad feel too light and plasticky then, I for one, would be happy. True, you get used to the weight of the iPad 4 and the heft and aluminium back does give it a quality feel missing from other tablets but there's no getting around the fact that it is heavy. I was actually quite surprised by how heavy it was actually having never used or held an iPad before.
    6. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      Sounds like the mini might be the right iPad for you!