What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It works by contacting a server run by Apple that contains a list of IDs connected to certain iOS and OSX devices. It then allows for an internet based packet to be sent to that device using the standard Apple notification system.

Or in layman terms, a Apple specific version of the SMS/MMS protocol.

OP
S

sharifmorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
It works by contacting a server run by Apple that contains a list of IDs connected to certain iOS and OSX devices. It then allows for an internet based packet to be sent to that device using the standard Apple notification system.

Or in layman terms, a Apple specific version of the SMS/MMS protocol.

Thanks for help..
Actually my problem is some iMessage delivered to some of my friends and other they can't , it appear as a red highlight not even allowing me send them the msg...
Also I know iMessage is used as text msg,how come that it could be sent as an email for some contact !!
Sorry if I bother u , it just drive me crazy that's all ..
Have a good day,
Thanks

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for help..
Actually my problem is some iMessage delivered to some of my friends and other they can't , it appear as a red highlight not even allowing me send them the msg...
Also I know iMessage is used as text msg,how come that it could be sent as an email for some contact !!
Sorry if I bother u , it just drive me crazy that's all ..
Have a good day,
Thanks

To use iMessage both parties must be on iOS devices. And iMessage can use either a phone number or email address for routing. But in the case you are specifically citing, odds are they are not on iOS and you don't have an email address in their contact information.

OP
S

sharifmorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
To use iMessage both parties must be on iOS devices. And iMessage can use either a phone number or email address for routing. But in the case you are specifically citing, odds are they are not on iOS and you don't have an email address in their contact information.

Aha I c..
Thank u soo much for ur help..really appreciated
Have a good day:)

Most reactions

Latest posts