What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4

Jet Life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an iPad 3 this Christmas. My gf ordered it a little too close to Christmas and anyways it just arrived today. I haven't opened it yet. I'm considering returning and it getting the iPad 4. Is the iPad 4 worth the upgrade or should I go ahead and open my 3 and say forget about it. It would cost me about $100 ish with taxes and all to upgrade. Is the iPad 4 processor worth the $100?

Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jet Life said:
I got an iPad 3 this Christmas. My gf ordered it a little too close to Christmas and anyways it just arrived today. I haven't opened it yet. I'm considering returning and it getting the iPad 4. Is the iPad 4 worth the upgrade or should I go ahead and open my 3 and say forget about it. It would cost me about $100 ish with taxes and all to upgrade. Is the iPad 4 processor worth the $100?

Happy New Years everyone!

That depends on how you plan on using your iPad. For ordinary web surfing, watching movies, listening to music, etc. you probably don't need the faster processor of the iPad 4. If you do a lot if intensive gaming, the faster processor of the iPad 4 will make a difference. Only you can make that decision, however.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For $100 you'd get better guts and probably longer firmware upgrades, plus be on the new lightning adapter, which might factor in if you buy accessories (like a dock) and get other iDevices later. Is it worth it? That's up to you and your wallet. Me, I wouldn't hesitate to spring for the extra $100.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for it..much cooler and faster cpu

Sent from my iPad 4

OP
Jet Life

Jet Life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like it is settled then. I'm gonna get the 4 tomorrow. I surf the Internet and stream videos often. And there's a couple games I play. I want the 4 pretty bad and I've decided it's worth $100. Thanks for you opinion everyone.

Jackx47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't regret getting the ipad 4! You're going to fall in love with it!

OP
Jet Life

Jet Life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad 4 and.. Well.... I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!! I'm so happy to be an iPad owner.

Most reactions

Latest posts