What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 4 will not connect to wifi

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I kind of disagree with the quote from your source. Not about what the service does, but the conclusion. (yes, I know it is not your oppinion, but I felt a need to nitpick anyway)

First, the data collecte is annonymous, never associated with your Apple ID or iOS device. Of course it is possible (in the sense that anything is possible) that Apple is lying, but if they are the location data is the least of our problems.

Second, if everyone turns this off then location accuracy for Wi-Fi only iOS devices is going to suffer. The database created with this information is the primary location method used for devices without a GPS. Ironically, it is the devices with a GPS that contribute the most to the service.

Of course, if the service is breaking your internet, then the second hand benifit of contributing to a more accurate location service is moot.

Hi TP - you know, I read that entire story and felt the author was a little 'uppity' in the discussion and was considering deleting that last sentence in the quote for the very reasons you mention - SO, agree w/ you comments and of course certainly not my statement.

Wi-Fi Networking
is enabled on all of our iDevices for the reasons stated - but as said before, I do remain baffled on why this service should prevent connection to a Wi-Fi router - after two days of intermittent searching, I'm about to give up! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts