What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad-4 will it get more slimmer ?

PolkSDA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't get the complaints about the weight of the new iPad. Really? Maybe it's because I skipped gen 2 and went from 1 to 3, but just how light and thin does one expect a 9-inch device to be?

Either that or there's some device usage pattern that I'm unaware of whereby users are busy flailing their arms about whilst holding the iPad, thus producing wrist strain...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People....People why a genuine requirement often misunderstood as being negatively judgemental !

I think it's simply that people don't understand how shaving 1.8 ounces (51 grams) can seriously be viewed as a genuine requirement.

However, for better or worse, the rules of the forum dictate that you have the right to your opinions and the right to post them. You also have the right to be protected from abuse by other members, even if they consider that your complaints about the weight of a device which you do not even own are nothing more than a troll post.

So although there is nothing wrong with a bit of good-natured ribbing, let's see if we can steer a path through this minefield?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PolkSDA said:
I really don't get the complaints about the weight of the new iPad. Really? Maybe it's because I skipped gen 2 and went from 1 to 3, but just how light and thin does one expect a 9-inch device to be?

Either that or there's some device usage pattern that I'm unaware of whereby users are busy flailing their arms about whilst holding the iPad, thus producing wrist strain...

That is the thing. I don't recall anyone complaining. The OP doesn't even own one and has no experience with this technology so mostly this is an exercise in silliness. I am not sure the OP is doing it intentionally but this has most of the earmarks of trolling.

In any event we have certainly explored the saying of making a mountain out of a 50ish gram mole hill.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
So although there is nothing wrong with a bit of good-natured ribbing, let's see if we can steer a path through this minefield?

Probably my fault. Sorry.

However I was being sincere in my advise for the OP not to buy one. The ipad is great but all technology requires a certain level of compromise.

I, also, had a notion that I don't recall anyone else stating what the grams were in ounces so maybe the OP was confused and thought it was more weight than it really was.

Anyway it is a tablet not a Kindle. My ipad 2 with a leather smart cover is heavier than the first gen with no cover which is how I often used it around the house. It'd be nice if they could put a serious dent in weight but I'd rather have the battery life because I can use it for hours and hours quite comfortably.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
People....People why a genuine requirement is often misunderstood as being negatively judgemental !

What, pray tell, is the requirement for having a device that is 8% lighter?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beesknees said:
Probably my fault. Sorry.

However I was being sincere in my advise for the OP not to buy one. The ipad is great but all technology requires a certain level of compromise.

I, also, had a notion that I don't recall anyone else stating what the grams were in ounces so maybe the OP was confused and thought it was more weight than it really was.

Anyway it is a tablet not a Kindle. My ipad 2 with a leather smart cover is heavier than the first gen with no cover which is how I often used it around the house. It'd be nice if they could put a serious dent in weight but I'd rather have the battery life because I can use it for hours and hours quite comfortably.

I'd have to agree. In my position I often advise people on technology. The iPad is not a technology the op should wade into simply because they have no real use for it except to compare to other similar devices. Augustya save your money. Seriously.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd have to agree. In my position I often advise people on technology. The iPad is not a technology the op should wade into simply because they have no real use for it except to compare to other similar devices. Augustya save your money. Seriously.

When the first time I got my hands on iPad-2 My reaction was wow ! what a device ! what a gadget !! defintely a must have in Life !! even though I am not in any Real need of a Tablet. As My work Computer, Personal Laptop and Mobile Phone do the necessary Job for me. So when I felt I should have the iPad-2 I was short of Money this was back in last April-May and by the time I could arrange some money it was already October and then I thought well, lets wait a couple of months and I will have the latest product which is the iPad-3. And I really Really wanna have the iPad-3 But dont wanna take a chance with winning the LOTTO of getting a Yellowish Free Display on my new iPad ! So I am kind of in a fix. There is no one who can assure me that It will be not there. I very often have a look at my Brother's iPhone 4S and say to myself if this Retina Display can be so Brilliant why cant the iPad-3 be equally (I mean, not that it is not right now) But without the Yellowish Feel to the Display ! So the uncertainty with me continues...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
When the first time I got my hands on iPad-2 My reaction was wow ! what a device ! what a gadget !! defintely a must have in Life !! even though I am not in any Real need of a Tablet. As My work Computer, Personal Laptop and Mobile Phone do the necessary Job for me. So when I felt I should have the iPad-2 I was short of Money this was back in last April-May and by the time I could arrange some money it was already October and then I thought well, lets wait a couple of months and I will have the latest product which is the iPad-3. And I really Really wanna have the iPad-3 But dont wanna take a chance with winning the LOTTO of getting a Yellowish Free Display on my new iPad ! So I am kind of in a fix. There is no one who can assure me that It will be not there. I very often have a look at my Brother's iPhone 4S and say to myself if this Retina Display can be so Brilliant why cant the iPad-3 be equally (I mean, not that it is not right now) But without the Yellowish Feel to the Display ! So the uncertainty with me continues...

Just out of interest, could you let me know who manufactured your laptop and phone? I wasn't aware that any manufacturer had a zero defect production run but as you purchased those I'm guessing that they must be zero defect runs.......so I'm thinking that I need to buy the same as you......

The Archangel

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just out of interest, could you let me know who manufactured your laptop and phone? I wasn't aware that any manufacturer had a zero defect production run but as you purchased those I'm guessing that they must be zero defect runs.......so I'm thinking that I need to buy the same as you......

The Archangel

Infact good you brought up this, I have already burnt my fingers. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 Phone couple of months back and Goodness Gracious ! it has a very bad yellowish-greenish feel to its Display and that is why I am more anxious that I do not have to go through this again...The way I had to in Exchanging my Mobile Phone a couple of times. I tell you it was a Trauma, Nightmare convincing those guys. They just wont accept that, it was a defect. I hope my iPad is Pristine and has a wow feel to it !

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
I hope my iPad is Pristine and has a wow feel to it !

Well you'll never know unless you actually buy one.

Check out the satisfaction ratings here, not our figures, not Apples but independent satisfaction ratings http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/70657-survey-finds-82-new-ipad-owners-very-satisfied.html

If you can find any product on the market with better figures then I'd be amazed.

You can talk about it for ages but really, you either need to buy one or just give up on the idea.

The Archangel

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree millions have purchased the new iPad. Your choice hop on the train or wait and wait and wait and wait... Just do it and enjoy....This thread has run it course... It is up to the OP to make his own decision

Thread now closed

Most reactions

Latest posts