What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 4 update to 8.3 is stuck on verifying update... help..

scuzzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im totally new to the whole ipad apple thing... so i really dont know what to do... here is what has happened...
i get a message saying there is a new IPAD 8.3 update avail... so i install it... and now its stuck on "Verifying update... " i cannot do anything more its just stuck... cannot turn off the machine... cannot reboot.. so.. is this a brick... now....? is there some way of fixing this.? im totally lost... being an android user.. i would know just what to do if this happed with my android device... but with apple... i have not idea..... just lost an kinda scared... i need some help here.... like i said... totally new to the whole apple ipad thing...

help... really stuck... and kinda really down about it..

this is my mothers ipad so .. im going to really get in trouble if its not fixable..

OP
S

scuzzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up... did the trick.. i guess it just got stuck on the Verifying Update prompt.. but was completing the download process as another task... did the reset and it came back with the apple logo.. and then the install bar.. all went well and now mom is on ios 8.3.. so.. happy about all that...

thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts