1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 4 tethered jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by jch02140, Jan 2, 2014.

1. jch02140

jch02140 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wondering if there is a temporary jailbreak method for iPad 4 as I am not looking for permanent jailbreak for my iPad?...
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,032 / 1
    Any jailbreak can be removed at any time. BTW, there is no tethered jailbreak available for the iPad 4.

To remove a jailbreak from an iPad, this thread will show you how. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Also, as you are talking about jailbreaking an iPad, I've moved this thread to the Hacking Forum, where it will receive more attention.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  3. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +226 / 0
    A tethered jailbreak is permanent as well. Tethered means that upon a reboot, your packages do not work and neither does your stock apps in the case of A5+ devices and will require a computer to boot your device properly. An untethered requires no computer interaction upon reboot.
  4. jch02140

jch02140 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, scifan57 and willerz2 :)