What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 tests proves the fourth generation tablet incredible speed

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
phil-schiller-ipad-4g-lte.jpg

Those who opted to upgrade to the fourth generation iPad, instead of going out and buying an iPad mini shouldn’t question their decision. In fact, some compelling new evidence is showing that the iPad 4 performs quite impressively in the speed department.
The fourth generation iPad loads everything at incredible speed, starting from apps, web pages, videos or graphics, practically leaving the iPad’s Mini performance behind.

Surely, the mini is cute and offers a fun user friendly experience by being so easily carried around, but in the performance department it can’t beat its wider brother.
These observations are supported by hard evidence. The Geekbench 2 tests for example, showcase a score of 1,791 for iPad 4 and only 764 for the Mini. That’s a 1000 point discrepancy. The fourth generation iPad is also shown to perform better than the iPad 3 but the difference is not that huge.

So where is this incredible speed coming from? We should probably start off the list with the new A6X processor Apple has recently introduced. The new piece of technology is, in fact, a dual-core processor featuring quad-core graphics. Overall, the A6X is supposed to run twice as fast as the A5 chip. According to the GeekBench 2 tests, the A6X is a 1.39GHz processor. The fourth generation iPad also sports 1GB of RAM.

Nevertheless, nothing is perfect. For example, upload speeds are not that fantastic on the iPad 4, even if they prove to run faster than on the iPad mini. The range found was 11 to 14Mbps for the iPad 4 and 8 to 11Mbps for the iPad mini.

Source: Cnet

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some people like small cars others like V8 sports cars it is not about performance it is about affordability and what the use needs or desires

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it most definitely faster than 2.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64FB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, next yes I will have a mini and a 5th iPad! :)

I love my mini!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely faster than iPad 2!! I love it!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

James96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roughly, iPad with retina display has a same speed compared to the new iPad. The newest iPad launches the native apps and games faster than its predecessor, but only 1 or 2 seconds.
SOURCE: YouTube videos

Most reactions

Latest posts