What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 smart case

AdamP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hate to make my first post a question but this has been bugging me.

Does anyone know if Apple will be bringing out smart cases specifically for the iPad 4? I know the dimensions of the 4 are the same as the 3, but with the four having the lightning connector rather than the 30-pin one, wont it mean that the 'hole' cut out in the case for the connector will be the wrong size for the new iPad 4? Only asking because I'll be buying the iPad 4, and I know that having the wrong sized 'hole' for the connector would bug me so much haha!

Again sorry for making my first post a question, but hope to start posting a lot more :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdamP said:
Hi everyone, hate to make my first post a question but this has been bugging me.

Does anyone know if Apple will be bringing out smart cases specifically for the iPad 4? I know the dimensions of the 4 are the same as the 3, but with the four having the lightning connector rather than the 30-pin one, wont it mean that the 'hole' cut out in the case for the connector will be the wrong size for the new iPad 4? Only asking because I'll be buying the iPad 4, and I know that having the wrong sized 'hole' for the connector would bug me so much haha!

Again sorry for making my first post a question, but hope to start posting a lot more :)

I think it likely, but I can't say for sure, that Apple will just make one smart case that will fit the iPads 2, 3, and 4. That way they wouldn't have to have 2 assembly lines to allow or a separate case with a smaller opening for the lightning connector.

Last edited:
OP
A

AdamP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I guess you're right, that's a slight disappointment but oh well. Just checked on the Apple website and it says that the smart cases fit the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation iPad's, so looks like you're right, thanks for the help :)

Most reactions