What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 slow ios 8.1

cesctheman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi since upgrading my iPad 4 to ios8 it stutters more but on my ios7 the iPad was butter smooth. It can be slow opening apps or switching apps...in apps can stutter too.
Don't know what to do...help please...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi since upgrading my iPad 4 to ios8 it stutters more but on my ios7 the iPad was butter smooth. It can be slow opening apps or switching apps...in apps can stutter too.
Don't know what to do...help please...
First, try resetting your device. Maybe this will help. Press and hold Home and power button until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

If you updated over the air (Wi-Fi only), restore your iPad using iTunes. This will often improve the performance of an iDevice.

Make sure iTunes is up to date. Backup your iPad, then restore it using iTunes.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep, iOS8 taxes older iPads, it's the cost of progress. My iPad3 takes about 1.5 seconds to display the app switcher after doubleclicking the Home button. Apps are slower to launch. It's only a minute or two lost per day, total--hardly the most pressing issue in my life.

Most reactions

Latest posts