What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 running 6.1

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a jailbroken ipad 4 running ios 6.1, I would like to update this to the latest ios, I think 8.3 ( please confirm ) Is there another ios due out soon i.e 8.4 or even ios 9 ?

I really only want to do this as some apps I use do not work anymore and in the future I would like to reinstall a jailbeak so that I can get back some apps that I really used my ipad for in the 1st place but for now just happy to upgrade to latest ios and jailbreak at a later date.

Is there away that I could save the all the jailbroken apps I have installed before I restore my Ipad ?

Should I restore my Ipad or are jailbreaks dying or do we think there will be another jailbreak coming in the future for 8.4 or 9 etc ?

A quick word of advice on the above would suffice :)

Thank you.

Al.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi sorry for my impatience but can anyone help on the above, especially the keeping jailbroken apps somewhere on my pc etc before I restore and unjailbreak ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a jailbroken ipad 4 running ios 6.1, I would like to update this to the latest ios, I think 8.3 ( please confirm ) Is there another ios due out soon i.e 8.4 or even ios 9 ?

I really only want to do this as some apps I use do not work anymore and in the future I would like to reinstall a jailbeak so that I can get back some apps that I really used my ipad for in the 1st place but for now just happy to upgrade to latest ios and jailbreak at a later date.

Is there away that I could save the all the jailbroken apps I have installed before I restore my Ipad ?

Should I restore my Ipad or are jailbreaks dying or do we think there will be another jailbreak coming in the future for 8.4 or 9 etc ?

A quick word of advice on the above would suffice :)

Thank you.

Al.

Yes, iOS 8.3 is the most current iOS as of this writing (iOS 8.4 is supposedly coming - but it's not out for public release yet). As you know, there is no jailbreak...

As a fellow jailbreaker, I can only join you in hoping that jailbreaking will continue. There are no guarantees, but I believe there will always be an exploit that some talented jail breaker can use. Maybe we won't see one on iOS 8.2 and up ... but maybe we will. :) There really is no telling.

As far as your jailbreak tweaks are concerned, you'll be able to access them (in Cydia) once you have a jail broken iPad again (assuming they get updated for the new iOS). You'll just need to sign into Cydia with the account ypu ised when you bought them and they'll be right there for you to download. Heck, I've been using tweaks that I bought back in iOS 4.x days. They've been updated along with the iOS and I've been using them. It's a very similar concept to App Store apps - once you've bought them, they're pretty much available to re-download.

So, go ahead and update to iOS 8.3 if that's what you want to do. Your jail break tweaks will be there for you when you get a new jailbreak.

Marilyn

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you sir, done.

Now to wait and find out what updates ios will come out and what will be jailbreakable.

Thanks again for your feedback and communication

madclicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are going to update do not do over the air do it with a cable it is a large jump from 6.1 to 8.3 ,also for future jailbreak cable is recommended! iOS 8.4 is rumored to be out any day ,iOS 9 in the fall hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cheers always use cable to do it and thx for the 8.4 info

Most reactions

Latest posts