What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 preorders

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ditto here...

Customer service was useless.....they said the same status as it said at the online store.

Lol. What did you expect them to say? Maybe something like this: "Oh yes, Mr. Buerkletucson, Tim Cook is putting the finishing touches on your iPad and will be right over with it." Lol.

I feel sorry for customer service people who probably get all these harassing calls about delivery of devices that are clearly not supposed to be delivered before Nov. 2 or later.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol. What did you expect them to say? Maybe something like this: "Oh yes, Mr. Buerkletucson, Tim Cook is putting the finishing touches on your iPad and will be right over with it." Lol.

I feel sorry for customer service people who probably get all these harassing calls about delivery of devices that are clearly not supposed to be delivered before Nov. 2 or later.

Sorry but it was not a "harassing call".....and I take issue with you calling it one.
It was a simple phone call to try and find out any further information regarding my shipment beyond what a usually slow website status shows.
I see nothing wrong with that. Isn't that what customer service is, to help customers with their questions/issues?
It's Nov 1 and online statsus still shows it sitting @ Apple when it's supposed to be delivered on Nov 2......wouldn't you want to find out what is going on when you paid a lot of hard earned money for a device?

Here is their sales pitch on why to purchase from the Apple store......kind of hard to track status or pre-sign for package when the status isn't updated or tracking numbers aren't issued, now isn't it?
Why buy at Apple Store?

Check your order.

See order status, track shipment, pre-sign for your package, make a change, return items, and more.
Visit Order Status

btw - I'm trying to figure out the point of your post other than to harass another member? :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
OP
Macewindu

Macewindu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even when you get a shipping notice with a tracking no , it appears to mean nothing , the tracking numbers simply don't work , my memory has just been jogged and I remember last march when in the same circumstances I was waiting for my ipad 3 , the tracking number didn't work until about 4 hrs after I had received delivery of it , so I think the previous post is correct they simply don't want you to know anything but I understand that it is correct that Apple cannot take payment from your card until the item leaves them , so if you have been charged for it , then it's winging its way to you !

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have checked the status of my order and I am happy to say that it is now been picked up in Nashville TN and I'd should be to me by 3:00 PM tomorrow.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally received notice.........
Looks like mine shipped on Oct 28 but is held at Nashville, TN FedEx location for "Future delivery requested"
Looks like they were correct in stating that US orders come from state-side rather than China.
Kind of cool how Apple has it setup for being able to print out a signature waiver form right online.
I'm going to post one on the door just in case I'm not right there when they show up.

Cool Beans! :thumbs:

Date/Time

Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
Ship date
Oct 28, 2012

Estimated delivery
Nov 2, 2012 by 3:00 PM

Weight
2.0 lbs/.9 kg

Nov 1, 2012 5:38 AM

Shipment information sent to FedEx
Oct 28, 2012 9:58 AM

Picked up

NASHVILLE, TN

Future delivery requested

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man....I went to apple.com to "pre-sign" for my delivery (for mini, not iPad 4)..and they are "extremely busy". :(

I did note on a previous login that my Mini seems to be shipping from China.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Date
/Time

Activity
Oct 29, 2012 8:34 AMPicked upONTARIO, CAFuture delivery requested
Oct 28, 2012 2:26 AMShipment information sent to FedEx
All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
iPad 4 32GB WiFi only.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 6.58.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 6.58.59 AM.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 240

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, good! We will have reports very soon from you! Can't wait. It's really hard for those of us that tend to wait for the first reports before buying a mini.

asashinotsuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( mine isnt scheduled to be here until the 7th. i guess i waited too long to order. im not even sure im getting one, ive never had so much trouble giving someone $700.

Order bounceback, call credit card, apparently i typed in billing address wrong. no problem, goes to fix on apple.com.. we see you have an account already, dont remember the password? send new password to email.
new email dosent show.. account lock out, call apple. call back in 8 hours. ..calls back, new password request will show up in 24 hours. make new password, cant connect purchase and existing apple ID, call apple. unsufficient funds, thats odd. 3200 - 715 = -75 clearly. now on hold with credit card again... sigh. shut up and take my money!

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:( mine isnt scheduled to be here until the 7th. i guess i waited too long to order. im not even sure im getting one, ive never had so much trouble giving someone $700.

Order bounceback, call credit card, apparently i typed in billing address wrong. no problem, goes to fix on apple.com.. we see you have an account already, dont remember the password? send new password to email.
new email dosent show.. account lock out, call apple. call back in 8 hours. ..calls back, new password request will show up in 24 hours. make new password, cant connect purchase and existing apple ID, call apple. unsufficient funds, thats odd. 3200 - 715 = -75 clearly. now on hold with credit card again... sigh. shut up and take my money!

Not everyone can say they break a sweat trying to purchase an iPad online. :p
Stay in there......clearly Apple will take your money if you offer it to them so they can grab it.

asashinotsuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just went to about 3 walmarts, no midnight sales.. said they dont even know when they are getting any. i guess i go to best buy in the morning :(

asashinotsuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
finally got it this morning >.< i ended up going to best buy and buying it.. but of course it wasnt that simple. i wanted a white 32g, the best buy here only had 16 and 64g, only in black. i called another one and they had just 1 that i wanted, and i demanded the girl stuff it in her shirt and hold it. half an hour drive later, i had my ipad.. but they didnt have the product red leather cover. so i had to drive -back- to the first best buy. but.. totally worth it. as my first ipad, i love it

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
asashinotsuki said:
finally got it this morning >.< i ended up going to best buy and buying it.. but of course it wasnt that simple. i wanted a white 32g, the best buy here only had 16 and 64g, only in black. i called another one and they had just 1 that i wanted, and i demanded the girl stuff it in her shirt and hold it. half an hour drive later, i had my ipad.. but they didnt have the product red leather cover. so i had to drive -back- to the first best buy. but.. totally worth it. as my first ipad, i love it

That's great news, I really hope that you enjoy it!

The Archangel

asashinotsuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, it came with 2 big apple stickers. what did you guys do with them? i cant think of anything cool or practical.

Most reactions