iPad 4 not working

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Thesavagebeast-2017, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Thesavagebeast-2017

Thesavagebeast-2017
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    HI

have had the iPad 4 from release date with no issues but yesterday while charging had fallen down the side of the chair and got very hot it took a while to cool down but was ok to use but didnt last long before it ran out I tried to charge but now won't charge so thought it was the battery so bought a new one but still doesn't charge so thought it was the charging port so bought a new on but still doesn't charge so any help would be much appreciated please

thanks andrew

2. brixtonboy

brixtonboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi l'm no expert but until they wake up, l guess you know that the idea would have been to return your iPad to Apple for help.
    Anyway job done, if you had it connected to the wall socket is it possible that the plug or cable are damaged?
    Maybe you have another you can try or clean any fluff from the cable

3. Thesavagebeast-2017

Thesavagebeast-2017
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks just tried with my sons (which does work) but still no joy

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When the iPad got very hot after the fall, it could have been the result of some internal damage. Normally I'd recommend a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store but since you've already attempted a repair, Apple will no longer diagnose or service it. Are there any third party repair shops in your area where you can get a diagnostic done? This would save wasting money on unnecessary parts.

5. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I know this doesn't really help but did the iPad in question have a case on it to protect it from falls? I'm not a expert but judging from the fact that the iPad got hot hot I'm guessing it overheated and that might have damaged the battery.

6. Thesavagebeast-2017

Thesavagebeast-2017
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i did buy and install a new battery but still does not turn on would it still connect to iTunes with no screen on it

7. Jupiter7

Jupiter7
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It will depend, but you could try connecting it to your Mac or PC and see if it appears in iTunes.

8. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You will need a screen to connect with iTunes.

9. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I thought iPad batteries are not replaceable looking at iPads in general it would be hard to get to the battery.

10. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    They can be replaced, but it's not easy and 95% of the time it is not the problem and is replaced in vain. Usual power issues are the cause of charge ports or board level damage/failure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List