What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 not holding charge

clbally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 4 won't hold a charge. It was fine for the 1st month of use, but yesterday it started draining with regular use. I keep it plugged in, checked the connections, changed the location of the plug and nothing helped. All locations charge my iPhone 5 just fine so it must be the iPad. This is the 2nd iPad that this has happened to. Any suggestions? (I keep the ipad in the case with no damage, no water spills, no over heating, etc....just regular use).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Ipad 4 won't hold a charge. It was fine for the 1st month of use, but yesterday it started draining with regular use. I keep it plugged in, checked the connections, changed the location of the plug and nothing helped. All locations charge my iPhone 5 just fine so it must be the iPad. This is the 2nd iPad that this has happened to. Any suggestions? (I keep the ipad in the case with no damage, no water spills, no over heating, etc....just regular use).
Your iPad is still under warranty, so before attempting any repairs, take it in to an Apple store to have it checked out. Back up your iPad before taking it in so that if you receive a replacement iPad, you can set it up from the back up.

OP
C

clbally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an appointment this afternoon with the genius bar...and I turned off all push notifications. However, this is my 2nd iPad 4 as the 1st one did the same thing right out of the box. I have the iPad in a Logitech case with bluetooth keyboard and I like the configuration, but am wondering why 2 out of 2 iPads have had the same issues. I'm not seeing a lot of chatter about this issue on line so I'm wondering if it is something on my end causing this? Ideas?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an appointment this afternoon with the genius bar...and I turned off all push notifications. However, this is my 2nd iPad 4 as the 1st one did the same thing right out of the box. I have the iPad in a Logitech case with bluetooth keyboard and I like the configuration, but am wondering why 2 out of 2 iPads have had the same issues. I'm not seeing a lot of chatter about this issue on line so I'm wondering if it is something on my end causing this? Ideas?

Do you think it has anything to do with your Bluetooth keyboard draining your battery? Have you tried to use your iPad without your keyboard and test to see how your battery wears without it?

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

clbally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm real embarassed but think it might save someone the time and trouble if I fess up. I took my iPad and usb adapter with me to my genius bar appointment. I told them the adapter got hot as a light bulb and thought it might be defective. It wasn't....I was using the wrong adapter for my iPad. I have a power strip with 4 adapters in it and when I move from my office to the kitchen to the living room, I just plug into the various power strips. Never did it occur to me that there would be a difference in capacity between the larger adapter (the one that came in the iPad box) and the smaller ones that came with various iPhones I've owned. Lesson learned. The fix was as simple as knowing which adapter was to be used for which devise. I just assumed if it has a usb connection in it and my wire fit, then it was OK to use it. Back to basics I go...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that's great news that it was just a simple mistake like that!! We all learn from something or the other!

Now you can sit back and enjoy your iPad! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts