What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 jailbroken Locking with passcode by itself

Tiburoncariduro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the new ipad for my wife it came with iOS 6.0.1 and I decided to upgrade it via iTunes on a iMac. Everything is up to date in the Mac. Then I download the Evasi0n tool 1.1 and jailbroke the ipad. I just install everything as usual,repos etc. then after an hour or so my wife ask me about the 4'digit passcode. I told her I didn't put any..... 1st weird thing..after searching the net to see if anyone is having the same problem I so a news on another forum saying that apple has a back door to the device via iCloud's . This makes sense,and all the things that can happen if you jailbreak in iOS 6.1 including the passcode Lock,apps crashing,reboots etc. I don't mind paying for apps I do pay for them I just love the freedom of the tweaks,themes etc, jailbreak gives me. Anobody else with something similar?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This sounds like complete and utter FUD to me.
There is no known way for any tweak to enable the devices passcode lock without the users knowledge AFAIK.

And let's knock this second point on the head straight away...

THERE IS NO BACKDOOR TO YOUR IPAD ENABLED VIA THE JAILBREAK FROM ICLOUD (or anywhere else for that matter). Apple have a theoretical killswitch for apps which they have never used, and it can be easily disabled on a jailbroken device. They (Apple) have certainly not singled you out as the first ever person to have a passcode automagically put onto their device because you have jailbroken it!

It is far more likely that you installed a tweak from Cydia which protects things in some way, but you didn't read the instructions or understand how it worked. There are many tweaks that let you set a passcode to, for example, protect folders etc. These are not the same as setting the passcode lock on the actual device.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tiburoncariduro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
This sounds like complete and utter FUD to me.
There is no known way for any tweak to enable the devices passcode lock without the users knowledge AFAIK.

And let's knock this second point on the head straight away...

THERE IS NO BACKDOOR TO YOUR IPAD ENABLED VIA THE JAILBREAK FROM ICLOUD (or anywhere else for that matter). Apple have a theoretical killswitch for apps which they have never used, and it can be easily disabled on a jailbroken device. They (Apple) have certainly not singled you out as the first ever person to have a passcode automagically put onto their device because you have jailbroken it!

It is far more likely that you installed a tweak from Cydia which protects things in some way, but you didn't read the instructions or understand how it worked. There are many tweaks that let you set a passcode to, for example, protect folders etc. These are not the same as setting the passcode lock on the actual device.

Thanks for replying f4780y,

This was a brand new iPad 4 or last gen.. iPad the only Cydia tweak that was install was Springtomize 2 and 2 other iPads with iOS 6.1 are working fine (those are iPad 2 one regular and the other iPad 2 3G.

I did have restore this iPad 4 a couple times and did Jailbreak it twice without any tweaks only Cydia and like 3 repos and got the same problem. I just restore it again but didn't Jailbreak it and its working fine. I got 3 iPhone in my house 2 ipad 2 and those are JB with the same repos and tweaks and never got a problem with them.

Any other suggestion ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's just not possible for the passcode lock to set itself. Since you seem to be indicating that you are adding additional repos onto every device you have, that would raise some concerns over the legitimacy of those repos. I can think of only a couple which folks would need to add over and above the default ones in the vast majority of circumstances.

If all you are installing is Springtomize (which is available from the repos that ship with Cydia), then what purpose do the others server? I would suggest looking there before looking anywhere else.

OP
T

Tiburoncariduro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It's just not possible for the passcode lock to set itself. Since you seem to be indicating that you are adding additional repos onto every device you have, that would raise some concerns over the legitimacy of those repos. I can think of only a couple which folks would need to add over and above the default ones in the vast majority of circumstances.

If all you are installing is Springtomize (which is available from the repos that ship with Cydia), then what purpose do the others server? I would suggest looking there before looking anywhere else.

I understand your point and agree with it but my point here is that with the same repos and tweaks my other devices are working fine still under 6.1 or 5.1 for my 4s.
My problem was with the New iPad only.

OP
T

Tiburoncariduro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand your point and agree with it but my point here is that with the same repos and tweaks my other devices are working fine still under 6.1 or 5.1 for my 4s.
My problem was with the New iPad only.

Problem resolved,

Ipad was exchange the new one is working fine ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts