What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 4 cases?

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The two really best protection cases I know about are the Lifeproof and the Griffin Survivor both offer great shock protection the Survivor is lite rain and splash proof but not submerging under water proof and has a plastic screen cover. The lifeproof is sealed with O-Rings and is water proof can with stand submerging under water it does not have a see through screen cover but does come with a protection cover that must be removed to view the screen. Because of it's material design the Survivor is a larger package then the Lifproof, but both are able to withstand rough treatment and being dropped on a hard surface. amazon has the Griffin Survivor for $42 it's highly discounted also Amazon has the lifeproof at $97 have not found it to be discounted. Another small detail the Lifeproof is fairly simple to install and fits well on the iPad the Survivor take a little more doing to get installed but it fits really well on the iPad. Both cases are quality and will do a great job of protection but if you intend on taking your iPad swimming with you then it's the Lifeproof. Also no leather on either case.

Last edited:

Judyaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doom Cookie,

I am not Judy, but her husband.

I just recently got Judy a new ipad4, and also the ZaggFolio with keyboard. Its fairly expensive, but if you spend $500 plus for an ipad, what's $77 more for good protection? The Zagg case seems to be quite sturdy, with a function that I do not understand. When you open the case and lift the ipad for use - it automatically turns it on.

Pros: Very sturdy
Auto on
Looks nice
Really nice keyboard (much better than the digital one)

Cons: Heavy
Price
Hard to open (But there's a trick to that)

If I had to buy one again - I would go for the ZaggFolio

The trick for easy opening:

With the case lying flat, top up, and the snap facing you - simply place your thumb on the bottom half, reach to the back and pull the top half towards you. Then it lifts up very easily. The nice thing about that is that it's ready to use, and hers opens to the page where it was shut down. I don't know it works, but with the ipad out of the case, it will not automatically start when lifted. In the case it starts up.

Mick

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doom Cookie,

I am not Judy, but her husband.

I just recently got Judy a new ipad4, and also the ZaggFolio with keyboard. Its fairly expensive, but if you spend $500 plus for an ipad, what's $77 more for good protection? The Zagg case seems to be quite sturdy, with a function that I do not understand. When you open the case and lift the ipad for use - it automatically turns it on.

Pros: Very sturdy
Auto on
Looks nice
Really nice keyboard (much better than the digital one)

Cons: Heavy
Price
Hard to open (But there's a trick to that)

If I had to buy one again - I would go for the ZaggFolio

The trick for easy opening:

With the case lying flat, top up, and the snap facing you - simply place your thumb on the bottom half, reach to the back and pull the top half towards you. Then it lifts up very easily. The nice thing about that is that it's ready to use, and hers opens to the page where it was shut down. I don't know it works, but with the ipad out of the case, it will not automatically start when lifted. In the case it starts up.

Mick

The only item I see that would keep me from buying the "ZaggFolio" is as you already pointed out the weight, and myself would not want a keyboard attached all the time. Now if others do want a keyboard and it's added weight, then this is a great choice if it really give the protection needed.

DigiCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted a keyboard case, so I purchased the ZaggKeys, Profolio Plus keyboard case. I love it. If you are conscious about the kind of weight you pack around, then this won't be for you. If you don't need a keyboard most of the time, this won't be for you. I'm a teacher, and the iPad effectively stores all my teacher's guides in digital form, so instead of lugging those bad boys home every night I'm packing the iPad 4 with the case. It's still much less weight to carry than the manuals. Also, not leather and sturdy so it protects my iPad, when I toss it in my purse or backpack.

justb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own the Zagg Pro Folio Plus. Yes it is on the heavy side, but I don't like using the on screen keyboard. It ha illuminated keys, and also an easy magnetic closure. The only negative for me is that it only comes in black.

MrsBookWormWI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm new to these forums as well as my ipad 4, which i got today:eek:
While surfing the web i came across the Clam Case. Does anyone know how good at protecting this case is for the ipad. I'm pretty good with my touch screen devices(have a NookColor) so i don't perceive me throwing it around the house. But if i accidentally drop my iPad or will it be safe stuffed in a book bag or my purse? Comments or feelings about this case?

Thanks,
MrsBookWormWI

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrsBookWormWI said:
i'm new to these forums as well as my ipad 4, which i got today:eek:
While surfing the web i came across the Clam Case. Does anyone know how good at protecting this case is for the ipad. I'm pretty good with my touch screen devices(have a NookColor) so i don't perceive me throwing it around the house. But if i accidentally drop my iPad or will it be safe stuffed in a book bag or my purse? Comments or feelings about this case?

Thanks,
MrsBookWormWI

I have the clam case and love it....I actually have had 3 because the first two I received a few buttons didn't work so they sent me replacements....but that was back when the first developed them, now they are awesome...I also have the otterbox defender and a macally flip case

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions