What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 camera kit

Jkeeley1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will apple be making a lightning connector camera connection kit? I would like to be able to transfer images from my SD card to the ipad, but not if it involves having to buy a lightning to 30-pin adapter in addition to the camera kit, at that point I could just buy a wifi enabled SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jkeeley1 said:
Will apple be making a lightning connector camera connection kit? I would like to be able to transfer images from my SD card to the ipad, but not if it involves having to buy a lightning to 30-pin adapter in addition to the camera kit, at that point I could just buy a wifi enabled SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like they have what they call the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. It is for direct camera connection, and not an SD card dock. Here is the blurb from the Apple Store:

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Use this adapter to import photos and videos from a digital camera to your iPad with Retina display or iPad mini with Lightning connector. The Lightning to USB Camera Adapter supports standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here we go, there is a separate adaptor for SD cards:

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
Use this adapter to import photos and videos directly from your camera’s SD card to your iPad with Retina display or iPad mini via the Lightning connector.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe a picture will help? In the USA each is priced US$29--ouch!

Attachments

• image-831325979.jpg
    image-831325979.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

dvboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any indication if the transfer speeds will be faster with the lightning adapter as opposed to the iPad 3?

Most reactions