What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 bluetooth for Dual XGPS 150

Joe up north

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an iPad 1 and used an external GPS (Dual XGPS 150) for flying. It worked perfectly.
Just bought iPad4 and it will not pair with this GPS for some reason. It will recognize its existence sometimes and try to pair, but then I get the message, "Pairing unsuccessful. Make sure it's turned on, in range and ready to be paired." It is turned on, freshly charged, and right next to the iPad.

Sometimes the iPad won't even recognize that it's there. It will pair with an Apple keyboard without difficulty. I've reset to the factory settings but it doesn't help. Ideas anyone?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you make sure that little switch is in the Apple position and not Android?

I have used it on an iPad 2, an iPad 3, and an iPad mini. Works with those....

OP
J

Joe up north

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the response. Yes, the little button is in the right position. I tried resetting the network settings on the iPad again, but this time I tried the Dual bluetooth before I hooked up my wifi again. I had not done it in that order before, and it worked. I don't know why. Without the wifi hooked up, the Dual connected right away. I then hooked up the wifi and it's working so far. Little strange, but at least it now works.

Most reactions

Latest posts