iPad 4.2 GM Crashing Windows 7 Applications

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by gjperera, Nov 9, 2010.

1. gjperera

gjperera
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Anyone out there experiencing issues with applications crashing in Windows 7 when the iPad (iOS 4.2GM/Beta) is plugged in? Since Beta 2, I've been experiencing issues with two applications crashing, SnagIt Editor and Windows Live Writer. They both crash each and every time I plug in the iPad.

The iPad syncs fine...or at least it did until I used iTunes 10.1 to sync it...now I can only sync with the Mac.

Regardless...anyone experiencing similar issues?

BTW it is a legit copy of iOS.

2. caver3d

caver3d
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have no problem syncing my iPad with iTunes 10.1 on my PC desktop (Vista).

caver3d

3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Running Vista -- The only issue I have noticed (so far!) after installing iOS 4.2GM and iTunes 10.1 is that when I plug my iPad in and fire up iTunes then search through he apps on the Apps tab, iTunes locks up big time. I can search through the apps in the library just fine. Minor annoyance... so far!

4. GaurhothW

GaurhothW
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm the same bug. I am on windows 7 64bit. Hopefully that is fixed in the final release of 10.1 because it makes it more difficult to manage the apps installed on my second iPad. Luckily I can drag drop apps from the library on to the device.

5. gjperera

gjperera
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You got iTunes 10.1 for Windows? Where's that. The Dev portal only lists 10.1 for Mac?! Thanks.

6. gjperera

gjperera
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    This is what I have been doing...I ended up creating a share of the Apps on my network to be able to access them between the Mac and PC ;) What applications are crashing on your end? I also run 64bit 7. I wonder if this has to do with the AirPrint being taken to the chopping block?

7. iwhat

iwhat
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Same here,I am not sure what kind of lockup you are facing but mine goes all white and apply button ,the top area where you see the progress of sync etc along with the app list window where you select app by ticking beside them,all goes white like a brand new A4 paper. Strangely though the sync is always successful,but the itunes is totally unusable at that point and I need to close and restart the itunes. I am on WinXP SP3 :)

8. GaurhothW

GaurhothW
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Fortunately, it looks like the officially released iTunes 10.1 has resolved this issue for me.

9. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Cool, thanks for the update. I have my hopes set very high. :eek:

10. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    My issue with the 10.1 beta has also been resolved.