What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3rd Gen - Corrupt Firmware

Man2u2uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Whilst using the iPad it switched off. Upon connecting it to iTunes, its detected and gives an "Update" & "Restore" option. Neither of these options work as iTunes gives an 4013/4014 error. I have tried this on 3 separate machines which were all up to date and using a different cable. I also took it to the apple shop and they confirmed that it might be a hardware error. Device does power on but only displays the connect to iTunes symbol.

I then sent the device off to be repaired (3rd party). No hardware issues were found but they did say the firmware was corrupt. I paid the repair fee but then was told they were unable to fix it and have sent it back along with a refund.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the other post made by you on this same topic. Duplicate posting can fracture any resulting discussion, making it hard to follow, as well as being against our rules.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If Apple have done a diagnostic, what options did they offer? Especially if they said it was a possible hardware fault, did they offer to replace it (likely for a fee)?

danuta.stephen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always worried I case there was an inherent problem with the iPad 3. It was withdrawn very quickly. When the 4 came out you could only purchase the 4 or the 2. I would check with Apple if perhaps there is a known problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts