What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3rd gen and blackberry...no Bluetooth pairing still?

Restless_rooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I have read, you can not pair a blackberry and an iPad that is not jail broken. I am a blackberry 9900 user, and I want to connect it to my iPad via Bluetooth. Not to try to teather it for data, but simply so I can use my bb as a remote and keyboard for my iPad. I know it can be done using ibluever. I am on an ipad3 running 6.0.1 I a fairly new to the iPad so idk if I can downgrade it to 5.0 and jailbreak it, or if its even worth it.
Does anyone else have their blackberry and iPad paired via Bluetooth?
Should I downgrade the is and jailbreak?

Thanks all
Rooster

OP
R

Restless_rooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notgoingto happen why? Because of the iPad 3 on iOS 6.0.1?
Or because the remote thing?
If I can get this iPad paired with the blackberry via Bluetooth, I can do it. I have seen it done on a jail broken iPad. If I install the Ibluever app, I can pair it with the blackberry and I can get it to work.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, you may be right on that.....I was thinking non-jail break iPad. But normal ipad has no reason to pair with a BB.

OP
R

Restless_rooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks both of you. Keep this thread open, and once we can jailbreak ios6, I'll update this thread and let you know how it works.
Also, I'll bookmark that link and check it frequently. I searched online how to downgrade, and there's so much on there that is fake, it's hard to keep up with what's real.
I'm new to apple products (bb user for manyyyyy years, also a web dev) so you will see me around here a lot.

Thanks again,
Rooster

Most reactions

Latest posts