What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3Gb+Wifi can works without microSIM?

jacppe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I need to know if the Ipad 3G+Wifi can works only using Wifi and not necessarily with micro SIM card inserted.
Is it necessary using a microSIM card to use the Ipad 3g?
Thanks a lot

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far I now, the micro sim has no function other than 3G access. Since it comes with the 3G model and is useless anywhere else, why would anyone remove it? And a mini sim can be installed to allow the iPad on otherr networks, with some careful modifications.

OP
J

jacppe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for you answer. My idea is buy one Ipad 3G in US and then use it in Peru.
And in my country there aren't 3G providers.
Thanks a lot.

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it should work without a simcard.
If you are not overly interested i the AGPS feature (works without a active dataplan) you should get the WiFi model IMO. :)

jeffbulet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hellow guys im from indonesia,in my country they use original sim card but they try to cut off the original sim card and it works fine 3G here my screenshoot

1b081363.jpg

jrslive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
I am also in Indonesia.
before we cut the normal SIM card down to mini size, do we have to subscribe the internet services?
Say we subscribe the monthly BB service, since it's quite cheap, will it work with IPad 3G?

Most reactions

Latest posts