iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixMan

PixMan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. First come first serve and scalettohara1 seems to have been among the very first. I am not far behind. The next few days may reveal many other early 3G orders getting ship dates.

2. jamstefan

jamstefan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure these babies have been collecting dust in a warehouse in China at least for one week. They should've started shipping them a few days ago. This is all a buzz generator, hype forming tactic to get that stock even higher.

WHERE'S MY EMAIL!!!!!!!??????? :(

3. PixMan

PixMan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    As some have pointed out, today's activity would make sense if Apple planned to say "the 3G iPads are now shipping" during tomorrow's earnings call...

Man, dust yours well, that Chinese dust is probably toxic! <g>

#523 PixMan, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  4. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    That makes sense since the ipad already had the official "launch" I don't think there's going to be another launch date to get them all in people's hands at the same time. So logic dictates the soft target for the first preorders(placed prior to todays 5/7 target) should be shipped by "Late April" meaning this week and next week. All orders placed in the second round will ship by 5/7.

5. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    iPad late april

This is in my eyes 100% the fact and true 2 window shipping …. more than this is speculate

6. edge7

edge7
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'd have to agree that Apple loves the free publicity and general hysteria of the release day. The 3G release will be as big if not bigger than the wiFi. My guess is that tomorrow the announcement will be made that the 3Gs will be in stores and delivered this Saturday the 24th. This whole scenario seems to be the same as the build up to April 3rd in many ways. Just say I'm hopeful.........:D

7. dks

dks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I rec'd my email stating a late april shipping date... so I will try not to expect an actual shipping notice before 4/30... & anything before that will be a bonus.

I did notice how the email thanked me for my recent order... I ordered on the first day, 6 weeks ago.

I checked my bank acct... no new activity from apple.

so I will continue to wait.... & wait some more :eek:

8. Phantom

Phantom
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    People This is Getting Ridiculous

People Your new iPad will get delivered to you when Apple releases them. All your moaning and bitching will not hurry up this great event. My advice patience is a virtue.

Anyhow I received an email from apple this morning. I have enclosed a copy of it to put all this other conjecture to rest. I have sanitized and removed the usual information.

Subject: RE: Your Apple Order #
    Date: 19 April 2010 06:38:44 EDT
    To:

Sold-to address: Date: 04/19/2010
    Our order number:
    PO number:
    Web order number:
    Apple customer no:

Ship-to address:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
    iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
    April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
    receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
    shipping status and tracking number, at [url=http://www.apple.com

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
    The Apple Store Team

I trust this will finally put all this previous waffling to rest.

Phantom

9. Greg G

Greg G
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think this makes sense and certainly would explain why they never publicized a release date. I ordered on the afternoon of the 14th so would hope that I am still in for getting mine before the end of April but am not holding my breath for the 24th. No email received yet.

EDIT - I just got my email at 12:20 EST stating that I am good for the end of April. Assume that means that it will roll off the line and toward me as soon as they can and will expect it to ship prior to the 30th. I'll take it!

-Greg

#529 Greg G, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  10. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    While I am hoping that I get mine on the 24th, the fact is they state shipping is late April. That could mean a May 1 delivery and still meet the promise. Now about Apple spending a bundle to ship priority, that is not a reasonable assumption. The iPad wifi shipped priority. Not to get them to customers any sooner, but to guarantee they would all arrive on the same day. They could not do that with standard shipping. For example, if I order anything Apple and go free standard rate, it will be on the road for three-four days. As many of these are going out, it is cost effective to bulk ship to the distribution centers, but they cannot just leave them lying around at UPS/FEDEX depots. So strike a deal for expedited delivery because they do not have to hand sort until the last stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.