iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I used to spend hours using my iPhone for games, browsing, IM, and now I pick it up to make a call and it seems so tiny! And that is the only thing it's used for any more, calls and text messages. My iPad is used enough that I invariably get down to 5% or less battery life every day!

2. vsstanton

vsstanton
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just came back from a road trip through New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, New York and Mass....my ipad is now very well traveled and was invaluable...stood in hotel lobbies and made reservations and then walked up to the counter with confirmation number and best rate. Not to mention that the map was awesome and even in the littliest of towns, I usually had a 3g connection and never felt out of touch and went right through security without having to pull my netbook out! Awesome!

3. lreyn330

lreyn330
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If anyone gets an ipad and does NOT like it, I wanna know why. I loooooove this thing more and more everyday!!!!!!!!!!

4. Al Rogers

Al Rogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Received a email yesterday telling me that my 3g will be delivered tomorrow 3 June,checked the tracking number and found out its been shipped from Shenzen China via Hong Kong, I believe ShenZen is about 50 miles?just north west of Hong Kong. If its on time thats pretty good service.

Al.

5. Al Rogers

Al Rogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The 3G baby arrived today, I have been tracking it since it left Hong Kong. I was surprised that no ear-buds came with it,Apple saving money I guess. Made two mistakes right away,my protection screen cover looks like my dog took a leak on it to include loosing some hairs,then after loading some games I gave it to my Better half to play Solitaire, big mistake,she kept it for almost a hour,only promising her that I would get her one for her birthday was it returned to me. It was on Mothers day when I bought her a Ipod,at first she didn't know what to do with it,(never had one in her hand before) now I'm lucky to get a meal in the house because she plays with it all the time.:) I dont know what to do, throw away the Ipod only after a few weeks or get rid of the Better Half after 54 years.:D

Al.

6. CMFox

CMFox
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    What app were you using for this? This is one of the big reasons I got an iPad...I travel a lot in areas with dicey weather and want to know what's coming my way.
    Thanks.
    CM

7. CMFox

CMFox
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Man, I agree. I am a complusive reader. I'd buy hoards of books at .99 but will be way more selective at 9.99. THe free books only go so far and then ya want a more current - recently released one. I guess its still the library for me....sigh.

CM

8. MacCarl

MacCarl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Where are the books?

Love, love my iPad. It does so many things extremely well. One reason I wanted it was as a book reader. But all the books I want to buy are available on Amazon for the Kindle reader, which works very well on the iPad, but not one book I have looked for--new books all--is available on the iBook store. I want to use the iBook reader, but Apple will have to do better than this if they want to sell books.

9. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    The Weather Channel app is OK, but I used a link to the NWS and one of the local stations. Some of the TV stations in Oklahoma are better than the Feds. The local news outlets use flash based radar for the detail maps, but I can blow up the thumbnail maps and get a good enough resolution.

10. lreyn330

lreyn330
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Try the Weather Bug app it has radar that works and I think u will like it, I do. Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.