What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might be able to buy the date, but the food stamps and social security checks I don't buy. I don't think that fits the profile of the average technogeek sitting on this web site waiting for their pre-ordered iPad. No offense to retirees or folks struggling economically (as more and more people are every day) -- but I would think people on fixed or minimal incomes wouldn't be first in line to drop money on an iPad.

Actually our economy on a monthly scale moves in cycles.

First week lots of money as the federal checks role in and those paid bi weekly get paid.

Second week not as much, sales fall off.

Third week an uptick as another round of bi weekly checks role in.

Fourth week sales drop off dramatically as the economy is drained.

Rinse and repeat!

Fluctuations occur due to holidays, like our upcoming Memorial Day Holiday on May 21 , then July 4 etc.

A big boost this May will be the $18 Billion Jobless Benefits Bill

That will buy a lot of iPads, drugs etc. as the cash circulates through the economy during May 2010. If Apple was smart they would make an all out effort to reap some of that money. Oh wait they just announced they would by holding the iPads meant for Europe.

It was not an accident that Apple choose April 10 to role out the iPad. That marked the end of the first full week where cash was injected into the economy. Just because you don't get food stamps etc doesn't mean you are not affected by the cycle.

I understand the economic cycle....I just don't place any credence in the idea in the idea that an luxury product is being targeted at those individuals on fixed incomes or who accept government assistance. Those individuals may be concerned about other non-ipad items such as food or medicine. There may be some folks in this demographics buying Ipads, but I can't believe Jobs and company are structuring their release date of the 3g to target this demographic group.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might be able to buy the date, but the food stamps and social security checks I don't buy. I don't think that fits the profile of the average technogeek sitting on this web site waiting for their pre-ordered iPad. No offense to retirees or folks struggling economically (as more and more people are every day) -- but I would think people on fixed or minimal incomes wouldn't be first in line to drop money on an iPad.

First week lots of money as the federal checks role in and those paid bi weekly get paid.

Rinse and repeat!

Fluctuations occur due to holidays, like our upcoming Memorial Day Holiday on May 21 , then July 4 etc.

That will buy a lot of iPads, drugs etc. as the cash circulates through the economy during May 2010. If Apple was smart they would make an all out effort to reap some of that money. Oh wait they just announced they would by holding the iPads meant for Europe.

It was not an accident that Apple choose April 10 to role out the iPad. That marked the end of the first full week where cash was injected into the economy. Just because you don't get food stamps etc doesn't mean you are not affected by the cycle.

I understand the economic cycle....I just don't place any credence in the idea in the idea that an luxury product is being targeted at those individuals on fixed incomes or who accept government assistance. Those individuals may be concerned about other non-ipad items such as food or medicine. There may be some folks in this demographics buying Ipads, but I can't believe Jobs and company are structuring their release date of the 3g to target this demographic group.

One of us is missing the point. The cash going to others flips through the economy several times. I am not going to belabor the point as that is elementary. But the effect on high dollar purchases is real.

Been there - done that as a salesman and a sales manager. You develop strategies to deal with the cycle. Also, let the stock market drop a little and instantly retail high dollar sales falter as some worry about their investment income in places like Florida, Arizona etc. That is simply life in the USA.

Last edited:

MoxyOron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gave in and changed shipping address

My 3G iPad says Priority shipping. Just in case they are planning a next week Saturday release, I changed it to arrive at home.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 3G iPad says Priority shipping. Just in case they are planning a next week Saturday release, I changed it to arrive at home.

Nobody knows yet but I don't think they are going to do another Saturday delivery simply because of the cost issue. I may be wrong but I think this will be a weekday delivery.

latinnftl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for those of us who ordered multiple peripherals we don't see the change in shipping.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for those of us who ordered multiple peripherals we don't see the change in shipping.

That's interesting, all I have left to receive is the 3G, I've already received the dock and case I had pre-ordered. It changed to priority for me this morning and I ordered on 3/23. Anyone else still on standard shipping that only has the 3G left to deliver?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not visited your humongous post as I am a wifi user, but hang in there folks and I hope you get it soon.

My brother is waiting along with you all, he ordered the 64GB 3G and has all of the extraneous gear to go with it already, he's just sitting there tapping his fingers waiting...........

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Rinse and repeat!

That will buy a lot of iPads, drugs etc. as the cash circulates through the economy during May 2010. If Apple was smart they would make an all out effort to reap some of that money. Oh wait they just announced they would by holding the all iPads meant for Europe for sale in the USA. May BTW is the month many get their tax refunds in. That is an added boast to the economy in May and the reason for killer sales on the May 21 weekend.

It was not an accident that Apple choose April 10 to role out the iPad. That marked the end of the first full week where cash was injected into the economy for the month of April 2010. Just because you don't get food stamps etc doesn't mean you are not affected by the cycle.

Actually Apple chose April 3rd as the rollout date - and most of the cards (including the debit cards / checking accounts) were charged BEFORE the end of the month - not after. This economic activity, for the most part, does NOT consist of cash transaction but rather credit transactions - which aren't dependent upon the first of the month. And, as stated above, the debit card transactions occurred before April first.

I live in a very rural area where 70%+ of the population are not white - the majority being American Indian. We have a ton of people here who are on government checks that arrive at or around the 1st of the month. The lines at the local WalMart (one of 3 grocery stores) are 5 times longer between the 2nd and 4th of the month. And guess what sport - the folks are buying groceries, socks, underwear - not iPods or gizmo's.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Nobody knows yet but I don't think they are going to do another Saturday delivery simply because of the cost issue. I may be wrong but I think this will be a weekday delivery.

I do not know either but a Saturday delivery would work better. Because you have to sign for the package and more ppl would be home on Saturday and less redelivery. I even had to sign for my $40 case that was delivered on April 3rd. If not Saturday then Apple could possibly have it delivered April 30th (late April).:mad:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a consumer item, so it is likely a Saturday delivery is on tap. Plus they would also have the store rollout at the same time. They could also decide on a Friday delivery if they had issues with the Saturday delivery.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I do not know either but a Saturday delivery would work better. Because you have to sign for the package and more ppl would be home on Saturday and less redelivery. I even had to sign for my $40 case that was delivered on April 3rd. If not Saturday then Apple could possibly have it delivered April 30th (late April).:mad:

I pre-signed for the dock and case deliveries and will definitely do it again for the 3G delivery. With that said not everyone lives in an area where you can trust your package to be left by the door.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not true. I have 2 orders placed on separate dates. Each order has a 3G iPad and 3 periphs / cases. Both orders now show Priority -- and there's still one periph that needs to ship.

Gillette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie here.

Where do you see the "priority shipping" on your orders? I ordered on the Apple website and know how to check the status, just unclear where everyone is seeing priority.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts